Trichome check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trichome check

On about 1/3 of my lady, about 50-60% of the pistiles are curling and brown. Don't know why it is just part of the plant but, Oh Well. I've taken a picture of the trich's from that area. Being it is my first grow, I was hoping someone could tell me is they are getting cloudy or is it my imagination/lack of patience.

I did clip a small bud, dried it in the microwave, and smoked it up.

I started growing to save money and control the inputs. I took the other benefits with a grain of salt (I naturally doubt most of what I read and hear). Even though it was early, dried in a for microwave, no curing etc. it is the smoothest smoke I have had in forever. Thank you, thank you.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

They look cloudy to me. I have a hard time telling the difference between clear and cloudy with my handheld microscope so I wait until just a few turn amber.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Harvest time is coming. Yay!!!!

They look beautifully milky to me Biker, just wait until they have cured for a month or so: you won't BELIEVE!!!!!!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I am really looking forward to it!!!!

I wish that mine looked that good.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I'd be sharpening my axe...........
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks all, Harvest day tomorrow.

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
          Bikerstonrr commented
          Editing a comment
          I know that it is sacrilege lol. But it goes along with everything else I have done with this plant. It was a test plant, and I have done things on purpose to see what type of consequences come with mistakes and doing it the right way.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder what a microwave will do to trichomes... It can't be good for them to get zapped that way: you're sending heat straight through them. But you said it smoked ok? That's amazing...

• Bikerstonrr
          Bikerstonrr commented
          Editing a comment
          It smoked ok. not much flavor but smoother than I thought. Not a great high either but, that may come from early harvest. More updates after I harvest and dry the rest of my lady.

When peak cloudy happens they will look plastic dots...very white

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
          Bikerstonrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks sir. A few more days then?

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd wait...till they are beaming white..

Won't take long...couple few days

Couldn"t wait. 27 grams wet 5 grams dry and can't even see where I cut them off.
        Last edited by Bikerstonrr; 02-20-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Think they need a bit longer . Look for cloudy / milky trichomes. Still clear to me ?? They look beautiful though
          2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
            Bikerstonrr commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope only chopped a few buds. got about 5 grams dry. I will be waiting util the trichomes are white for the rest. Had to have something to compare to ripe and properly dried and cured buds lol.

• Vitreous
            Vitreous commented
            Editing a comment
            They do look good, if I may..the test buds look slightly airy, are you having trouble with excess heat?

• Bikerstonrr
            Bikerstonrr commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes they were a bit airy. Had no heat or humidity problems throughout the grew. It may come from how much experimentation I did on her. Although I only took buds from bottom away from maximum light. Don't know.

Let us know how it compares, great way to do it !
          2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X