Pollen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pollen

I have some pollen from a photo period, what would I end up getting if I hit a autoflower with some ?

Sounds like the set up for a joke :-p

All joking aside, you would get seeds. And probably lots of them. And reduced yields. I'd suggest keeping the pollen far away from any of your plants unless you want seeds and are purposely breeding.

Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Pretty sure you would end up with F1 Fast Version....You will still have photos and not autos...

Comment

In my experience using photo pollen on an auto is atuos from the seed. Some of them were 90-120 days while others were 120+ days.
        Unless you are trying to make your own strain, why?

Comment

Why not give it a go?

Spot pollinate at about halfway through the flower cycle being very careful not to use too much pollen.

Your plant will be ready to harvest buds before the seeded buds are fully ripe. You need to wait until a few seeds start to drop off of their own volition.

You can germinate the seeds immediately and grow them under 18-6 lights then wait for about 4 to 6 weeks. If they start flowering it means your original pollen has some auto DNA.

If you cross the new plants... then welcome to the (never-ending) Breeder's Dance! lol

You might be interested in this thread Why Didn't Mendel use Cannabis
          'Unfortunately, the number of ways to do something wrong always exceeds the number of ways to do it right.'

Garry Kasparov - How Life Imitates Chess

Comment

Auto flowers are homozygous recessive. Unless your photo is heterozygous, which can happen (like in fast versions), your seeds will be 100% photo but heterozygous, which some companies have been branding as fast versions but that has not been my personal experience from breeding them. If you breed those out you will have a chance of finding some auto flowers. If you want to do a long-term breeding project, I might keep autos and photos separate, I have made that mistake and now I have hidden recessive autos that could appear in seeds. Do a Google search for punnett square and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Ok at 19.20 on this podcast Daz explains it in layman's terms. Dark horse is the breeder of the original Bruce Banner and Daz used to work for Mephisto and now runs Night Owl Genetics.
              basically if you cross an auto with a photo the F1 will all be photo. Now if you want to make an auto you pick out a male and female of those and cross those and you will get 50/50 autos and photos. Pick out two autos from that and you got an auto at f3 basically.
              First Episode of Dark Horse Live! A weekly Podcast /Livestream about Cannabis. This Week we talk to Daz Mephisto of Mephisto Genetics all about Auto Flowers.
              keeping it green with the soil thing
              love me some frosty autos
              braap
              BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
              Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
              the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
              blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Might be a good idea to thin the pollen with some flour...Dont worry it will have 0 effect on effectiveness but it will help you preserve your pollen for storage..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X