cfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cfl

Hello, I am a newbie my ? is I have a 2x2.5x6 grow tent how many watts of cfl do I need I have 6x42Watt bulbs at 6400 k for veg and 6x42 Watt 2700k for flowers is that enough? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How many girls are you planning on? Is the wattage you're listing on your bulbs actual or equivalent?

Comment

2 in 3 gallon smart pots 42 actual wattage.

Comment

I use 4-42w cfl (2800 lumus each) with reflector and 3-40w U-bend fluorescent (long story) 2100 lumus each. I have had a couple of successful grows with this set up but going to upgrade for next grow. There are several here that grow very nice plants with CFL, just keep them close to plants and do LST for an even canopy.
        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
        315 LEC
        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Three 42 watt bulbs for each plant will be stretching it a little thin as your plants get bigger. What you could do is start with those, they are fine for the first few weeks while your plants are small, then add a few more bulbs. The more light the better and you don't want any areas where there isn't plenty of good strong light hitting your plants-just think-what would the sun do and that will tell where your lights should shine. Keep them 2 to 4 inches away and keep a close check that the plants don't grow into the bulbs since they can grow quickly. I started just like you and upgraded as I could afford it. I started with a few cfls & added more as the plants grew (in a cardboard box lol) and still got 3 1/2 ozs off my first grow. If you can add more lights you will get a much better yield but if you can't you will still do ok. Good Luck

Comment

• powers2
              powers2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with RR. Forgot you were growing two plants. Like RR and you, I started small with CFL's just to see if I could grow weed. Now updating when I can because this is fun!!

I use CFLs and I believe that 150w per plant is the BARE MINIMUM. It doesn't really matter if they are 40w, 42w, 23w, etc.; however, it's better to use the daylight (6500k lumins) during veg and soft white (2700k lumins) during flower - but not an absolute - I've mixed and matched.
            I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
            Blue Mystic (7 gal)
            VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
            Coco Coir w/30% perlite
            Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Use all the bulbs you have/can. Use about half when veg and then everything you got for flowering

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X