SunBlaster LED's any good for weed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SunBlaster LED's any good for weed?

Has anyone used Sunblaster LED'ss? I use their horticultural CFL's but I might switch to LED. Sunblaster makes a strip of LED lights 48" long , like a T5 fluorescent. It ships from Canada, that's why I am considering it and I have used their CFLs. Anybody else have any experience with this brand? Thanks

I don't but can you put a link of the ones you are interested in?

Comment

Seems expensive for 50 watts but maybe there are other qualities?
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I'm no professional on lighting as it can be very complex. These lights look like they would do an okay job and if it's all you can afford, then go for it.

However, cannabis needs more than just the visible light spectrum and when looking at the wavelength distribution graph that SunBlaster has on its site, it looks like it is weak in the red range. Outside of the visible light spectrum, there seems to be little to no ultra-violate light and little to no infra- and far-red wavelengths. Both of those far ends of the spectrum are important for different purposes and at different times for cannabis. Cannabis differs from other plants that may be grown indoors (lettuce, orchids, etc) in that it enjoys these wavelengths at both ends of the spectrum.

For more info:
        by Nebula Haze Are you struggling to choose the best grow light for your cannabis plants? You’re not alone! It’s common to feel overwhelmed after cruising Amazon or an online grow shop looking at different grow lights. The number of options can be insane. Are LED grow lights the way to go? If so, should...

Want to grow cannabis faster and better? Discover the best LED grow lights for cannabis in 2023, based on detailed reviews and comparisons by actual growers. Then learn how to use these LED grow lights to get big yields, fast growth, and high levels of THC.

Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Originally posted by 90Gizmo View Post
          Seems expensive for 50 watts but maybe there are other qualities?
          It seemed like a cheaper alternative than 4-500.00$ but maybe too cheap

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Lots of decent sales hairyman if you looking for grow lights. I use a CFL for my starts. They get very warm in enclosed space

• hairyman
            hairyman commented
            Editing a comment
            I have always used CFL's and get decent results but thinking of upgrading. Sunblaster is not on Nebula's list so thought I would ask. I have used the Sunblaster CFL's and they are good. The same store has a smaller Spider Farmer setup for about $100 Canadian. That brand is on the list. Thanks for replying.

Originally posted by AGH View Post
          I'm no professional on lighting as it can be very complex. These lights look like they would do an okay job and if it's all you can afford, then go for it.

However, cannabis needs more than just the visible light spectrum and when looking at the wavelength distribution graph that SunBlaster has on its site, it looks like it is weak in the red range. Outside of the visible light spectrum, there seems to be little to no ultra-violate light and little to no infra- and far-red wavelengths. Both of those far ends of the spectrum are important for different purposes and at different times for cannabis. Cannabis differs from other plants that may be grown indoors (lettuce, orchids, etc) in that it enjoys these wavelengths at both ends of the spectrum.

For more info:
          by Nebula Haze Are you struggling to choose the best grow light for your cannabis plants? You’re not alone! It’s common to feel overwhelmed after cruising Amazon or an online grow shop looking at different grow lights. The number of options can be insane. Are LED grow lights the way to go? If so, should...

Want to grow cannabis faster and better? Discover the best LED grow lights for cannabis in 2023, based on detailed reviews and comparisons by actual growers. Then learn how to use these LED grow lights to get big yields, fast growth, and high levels of THC.

Great. Thank You. It's sold by a grow shop in Manitoba so I thought they would sell appropriate tech. The red wave length is needed during flowering correct? So maybe the one I was looking at isn't the best choice.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes red wave for flower

Originally posted by Smokesteve View Post
          I don't but can you put a link of the ones you are interested in?
          Thanks for replying everyone. SmokeSteve, I'll try and figure out how to attach the link.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X