Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here not new to grow forums but need help! Nothing serious but help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL New here not new to grow forums but need help! Nothing serious but help.

Firstly and foremost thank you for letting me participate in this community! I hope I can help and also get some help along the way! I am an avid consumer of cannabis and hemp products not just related to the THC or drug that nature made. Anyway I wish you all the very best with your growing and your weather conditions and all that!

i have smoked since 15 daily before school and after… now 31 stopped a few times for a few months or year then realised I enjoy life with it in my life. Soon it will be legal here OR I go get a medicinal supply for anxiety and or pain. I can.. just costs more than street which I’m so used to and get probably 10-25% THC.and varying CBDs but nothing “MEDICINAL” it’s either to head high and no body relaxing and or irl ts no head high and a body high. One day we get weed from the coffee shops🙏🤘🤤

So to start I have been growing 3 plants for 7-8 weeks each outdoors from germination inside so life span 8-9 weeks.

The one small plants I TP’er the other day has started to show Pre flowers 🤤 but I want to get confirmation that they aren’t just normal new shoots or leaves. And need to do the other white painter pot. Too it’s at a stand still atm.

Also as they or two were in the smallest pot you see that’s white Until I TP into the black pot and the square pot I started that one in. The small pot is stunting now I see it’s roots coming out nothing to extreme I need TP tomorrow I have a pot and pot mix and fert ready to go.i just hoped I could keep it in that small pot UNTIL I see pollen sacks or Solitary flowers in a early sexing as my plants topped at the 3rd node or above it. And thus I have two main frames or 4 main frames on each plant with a 3rd on the bottom that came out of the single leave section. SHOULD I relive that section to allow more sun to soul and bottom of plant to more mainline the nutes???

SEE THE PICS BELOW. Also I have fed them 3 times about 1 week apart and they like it using PowerFeed and will move to heavier potassium or Phosphorus in flowering and less nitrogen when needed. This is first grow BTW but I’ve smoked my life. And have had friends grow it. I just researched and found out into. As I want small stub nose plants that are 3-5ft max nothing taller really want 3-4ft and nice 4-8 colas or decent side buds.

My last question is to do with my LST TECH. I didn’t have easy way to make it figure a way to make a set up for wire ir for string or how to do so. So I figured using branches with broken edges that are like a 7 but with the top on the 7 pointing down.. so it’s like a hook and I push lightly into the soil mostly 1 inch or until it holds it which isn’t normally far.
    i also use the sides of the pots that have grooves in them and place the sticks in their to reduce holes in my soil and that helps hold them out sideways.

So is there any issue using it? I check daily and fix any blows or moving but rarely happens. I also make sure not to break branches I did that once on the smaller plant that had only 3 main growing stems but hope I can bunch I up nice doing some crazy LST to that one if it goes well in a TP.

Also with the LST TELL ME AM I PULLING THE BRANCHES TO FAR DOWN? The first half of the main branches are nearly stiff and can’t move much but the newer weeks old or 2 old foliage stems are bendable so I can bend that flat top bar down to a 45* angle down and by next day it’s corrected and I have a side ways S shape sort of..
    anyway is this to far. The branches haven’t broken or tore o tore ONE MAYBE 1 millimetre long and just let it back up to rest and it healed fine.

But any help with the LST and how LONG one should LST? Should o LST into pre flower and flowering? To maintain manifold? WHAT LEAVES should I be removing st week 8? I’ve taken of lower yellow leaves but not higher leaves that are going yellowish or looking nutrient starved.

i just see posts saying not to reduce the leaves when LST wide open canopy as they’re is already heaps of air and the leaves create photosynthesis and whatever other benefits they give a plant until they fall off or until they are pruned.

namely the top branches fan leaves are getting a little annoying being that they shade a lot. And they are getting bigger. But also staying weak and yellower. Should I keep them for now or get rid of them? Especially on the one plant that has started fore flowering? As I have 3 plants one has started the other two have no signs yet. Only that they are later than the first female which means they shouldn’t be males… but they were bag seeds so who knows.

enjoy the pics.
    Last edited by LegaliseAus; 02-10-2023, 07:33 AM.

bug infested outdoor grow
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Those close ups all look female to me. Even the tear drop one, but it is closest to male characteristics than the others I'd say female. You'll know for sure soon enough. Give them full sun all day if you can..they have just entered flower stage now.

Edit. If you're growing outdoors in the south of Australia you should start them around the end of September. Starting late tends to stunt the plant, lower yields and if it's wet and cold as flowers are still maturing you are at high risk of mould infestation.
      Last edited by Bluey; 02-11-2023, 04:00 AM.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I have update. Can you confirm when I should pull them in sun dry weather or can they be wet?? I’ve had 3-4 days of showers set to have 3-5 days moderate clear sun and possible Showers but light only I’ve checked weather by hour. And maps. Then after the 5 days it goes rain for 4 days or more at 50% + and I am very late like I planted mid December.. here is main one and the other one is more lush I just don’t want to waste it with rot or mould they are doing great no pests anymore with Powerfeed pro and potash plus in flower.. been 4 weeks flower or nearly depends when you start flower dates by size of the pre budlets .. as small ones it’s 4 weeks or 3 weeks for little start of colas. I’ve tried some and it smokes gets you high.

i just know it’s not as big as I wanted but if it’s free more or less payed for the muted that last forever or a few years, and the time there is probably 14 grams of dry material in leaf and bud I know it much for a plant but it’s better than 4 ounce of rotten weed..

also would any kind of treatment work??? Like Potassium bicarbonate?? I know spraying buds is not at all recommended but only as a LAST resort?? Here are some images
        Click image for larger version

Name:	6BE3FDF4-7E03-4991-922E-DF63626885D8.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	592707

here are wet flowers last night after a shake off.

no visible mould yet..
        first 2 pics are old pics about one week. To show different size the last 3 pics are of the bigger black pot plant.and it’s only crystals you’re seeing I checked it all for mould nothing. So yeah this is where I’m at.. first 2 pics are week ago

Name:	56EDB1FC-4BB9-4895-AD4A-D5C73FD856AA.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	592708

Name:	E5D43A18-CE2E-4837-BFBF-77535030C371.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	592713

These are from yesterday night after rain shook them off not completely dry when photo’d.

Name:	7D4EA1F8-C04A-47BA-B65A-9A842B4F58BC.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	592715

Name:	3B1412DC-1090-4ED4-BB0F-5F868376A645.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	592711

Name:	6A4F391C-F820-4380-B355-43C453E7B434.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	592712
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Your question is weather you need to get them in the sun? Yes they need all the strong sun they can get. Shake them off and give them full sun the longer the better. You have a long way to go

Soorbudual what about the fact I’m 2-3 months late? I’m going to have rain across my entire last 4 weeks of flower..? I’m getting suggestions for early harvest.. I am late and it will rot unless I get pure lucky ?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Duhhh you got a tent something to cover them cause your already getting mold leaving them there. Shit man those won't give you THC way to young in flower. No hail mary here

Growing outside has lots of benefits as well as drawbacks. Not being able to control the environment is one of the biggest drawbacks.

If you think they're too wet, they probably are. Put them under a tent/tarp/some sort of covering to keep them dry when it rains.

They need light/sun and try as you might, you can't control the weather. But what is amazing about cannabis is that it has been around for 1,000s of years doing what it does without our interference. If it's not raining, even light filtered through clouds will be beneficial to the plants. And heck, even if it is raining, cannabis knows how to deal with cloudy/rainy days.

Embrace this grow as a learning experience. Just like people, if plants aren't in the right environment, they will not thrive. While people can move around, plants are pretty much stuck, so we either have to accept the weather we're given and the results/yields that come from that, or we have to set up an indoor grow and take on the responsibility of controlling the plant's environment.

I think if you take a deep breath and ask yourself, 'What are the problems my plants are facing?' you'll find that the answers are quite simple. If your plants are too wet, move them to a dry place - under a tarp or a tent or an awning. If they need light and you don't have an indoor space to grow them that's properly set up, there's nothing you can do other than wait for a sunny day.

For the timing, you're just going to have to remember that next time you'll need to start earlier if you're growing outside. Not only can you not control the weather, you can't go back in time either.

Best of luck and remember that often the most effective solutions are the most simple ones. Like wear a raincoat when it rains.
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Great post

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X