Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member/first time grower needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice color, keeping it that color will be the challenge. pH water ,good nute and a schedule

Comment

Mike thx but I guess only about half -- not feminized seeds these were just what I cleaned from my stash! but still should be good for a first-timer

Comment

You bet. Did that more times than not. Didn't even know there was such a thing as a seed bank. I'm a old hippie and make do with what i have. After you find a good genetics pool you'll change your mind. Make sure those males get separated before they pollinate. If you wont more seeds , let it fly. I usually get a 50 % female seeds from bags. It might turn hermie on you or what ever its genes say to do. Had some strange stuff happen with bag seed. Look that up. That's a rabbit hole full of good reads on weed.

Comment

thank you! So three out of three so far and they are among my bigger plants! Can I ask how you know -- is it that they are long wispy and spiky? I also saw those white filaments on the first one I posted, not the second two. Appreciate the insight I have to get good at this part of the job. thx again

Comment

Separate them as you go. Get a magnifying glass and watch where the branches come out of the main stem. It will show its sex there. Look on the web site (growweedeasy.com) and you will see two images under the heading of SEX. One is of male and the other is female. After you see a MALE you will know from then on without a mag glass. It wont take long. Alot of the individuals here have been doing this for 20 and 30 years. Patience and correct knowledge is the key. Some info out there is bogus, be careful and don't hurt your girls. When you do something to th plants give it time to react before you try something else. If you have a question that is in needs attention, Nebula Haze would be the person to ask. Shes very forth coming with correct information. Dirty

Comment

Nice looking healthy growing plants. Males when i've had them will look and grow faster than the females in my experience, till they start to show sex then they take on a different growth all goes into making pollen balls. Keep doing what your doing and paying attention to each plant. Good luck with hopefully getting a few fems for all your effort.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1101222224a.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	591304

TVR this may help you a bit. Last year a supposedly feminized seed went full hermie on me and grew both male and female parts next to each other. Left side is balls, right side is hairs.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                  Bowhunterwoody commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perfect example.

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great pic ain't that a picture good post

• dirtymike
                  dirtymike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thar she hummmmmm he blows

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X