• Show
Clear All

The Way Back Machine

Click image for larger version

Name:	1980.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	588230
    I came across this online today. High Times best strains of 1980. Four finger bags - $20

I've seen this before crucialbunny and i still laugh. Smoked many of these strains thru the years and looking at some of the pics, i wouldnt pay 20 bucks an ounce for some of that skank now. Ahh the joy of sifting the seeds out on an album cover, bitching about it and throwing them all in the ashtray. Have you ever had the mexican brick weed?(early 90s) It was a compressed brick of absolutely trash weed. oh the good ole days.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      One can still find Jamaican brick weed. Buddy (Jamaican) called it cess???look that term up with no results, must be local slang..

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Only once did I see a Mexican kilo brick. A buddy got it and it looked and smelled like hay as I remember. It had sat in the bottom of the boat apparently, so half of it was covered in a white crusty mold when he unwrapped it. The first time I ever saw a big quantity of weed was when I helped unload 30 military duffle bags filled with Michoacan spears. That was probably around 1978-79.

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh yes...@homegrown sifting seeds on an album cover...what joy. Most of my t-shirts had seed holes in the front. I've not seen that pic before but did 'enjoy' some of those different cultivars. 3 finger lids were $10...you can imagine what ya got for that but we didn't know any better.

Yep back in the early 1970 we would sit and smoke a 4 finger bag in a night. WHOooooooohhhhh. But that was with the 8way hit of orange barrel acid. Peace Out
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Only 1, I must have been a heavy smoker, we busted a new LB every day, I did sell some of it.

• Blowdout2269
      Blowdout2269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, less than half of that pound was probably viable. Sticks and seeds, right?

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      you got that right!

Thanks, crucialbunny, you and Mr. Peabody, make me 'wax nostalgically'. Especially with the Michoacán, my roommate had some great connections from that region!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

So happy i was born in a generation where i didnt have to smoke that stuff lol

Comment

My brother sold cars for 25 years. An early customer was mostly interested in the trunk size. They became friends. I saw a car trunk full of bricks or bales. I also had a briefcase containing $67K sitting on my kitchen table once. The 70s

Local guy and his older relative were fishing in FL. Bales starting floating toward them. They filled the boat to the brim. Made over $60K.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a car that one could put a full size mattress in the trunk, and sleep on it.

How many of you found rocks in those bricks?
        We collected them and traded them back for weed, save them until theres a kilo worth. Found one as big as my fist (I wore a size 13.5 ring in HS) in one brick. Many the size of marbles.
        All the rocks, and seeds is why I started growing my own, surely I can do this well!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL i never got rocks but i only bought 4finger baggies. All i ever got were 75% seeds and stems LOL gawwwwd no wonder i always had a headache and holes in my shirts LOL seeds apoppin hide that one from Mom.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X