Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LST beginning question

Is this the right size to begin LST?

Somango XXL auto flowers from Nirvana in 2 gallon fabric pots. 2x2 tent. I could just let them grow on their own but if I can increase yields I would.

How old are they and what type of LST would you attempt at this point?
    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 02-05-2023, 06:32 PM.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Time for lst! Bend them down, no breaking allowed, between two large fan leaves, try to get angle least a 45 degree bend. Let that set for two days then do it to the new growth. When new growth starts at node 2 and three then bend it 90 degrees away from the center stalk to allow light in. Keep going with notes 4 and 5 until two or three weeks into flower. Goal is a canopy with all branches at the same height.
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Originally posted by Blowdout2269 View Post
        How old are they and what type of LST would you attempt at this point?

Just shy of 2 weeks. The largest one broke the soil on 1/22 and the other 3 sprouted on 1/23. Somango XXL autoflowers from Nirvana. Just bending branches so the lower ones grow up and form a canopy.

Originally posted by 90Gizmo View Post
        Time for lst! Bend them down, no breaking allowed, between two large fan leaves, try to get angle least a 45 degree bend. Let that set for two days then do it to the new growth. When new growth starts at node 2 and three then bend it 90 degrees away from the center stalk to allow light in. Keep going with notes 4 and 5 until two or three weeks into flower. Goal is a canopy with all branches at the same height.
        Thank you! I wasn't 100% sure when to start. A bit nervous to LST properly especially all 4. All my past successful grows were in space buckets and I hadn't had success with the tent yet.

Comment

• Blowdout2269
          Blowdout2269 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just go slow and then wait a few days to see how/if they react to it. Then do some more! 🙂
          Last edited by Blowdout2269; 02-05-2023, 09:51 PM.

Hello fellow auto newbie. I'm not a expert and hope you don't mind me posting some LST autos i just did. I've not done any topping or pruning of leaf and not tied the branches down just the main stalk.
        I used a anchor metal fabric hook to hold the stalk into the soil while i bent it down so as to not uproot. I wait a couple days adjust for it growing an use more hooks to lay it down further but you need to begin now as those get real stiff by 30days an easy to snap off. Mine were as old as yours when i began, they are 32days old now and stiff brittle branches so i'm done with playing with them LOL Best of Luck
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You got 4 xl autos in a 2x2? I'm all about lst but you may not want to do too much. That tent is going to get crowded fast.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Blowdout2269
            Blowdout2269 commented
            Editing a comment
            Kinda like eight in a 3×6? Lmao

After much trial and error with my autos, I now wait for a mature fifth node before I clear out under four and crank them down.
          Nice looking plants and good growing.

Comment

The way one sets the plant up with early topping is crucial. Once they start to grow back let them get big enough to work with, for example the branch should be long enough to over hang your pot so you can tie it down. Might be a good idea to keep an eye on the rigidness of the branches you are going to work with..Also once the plant starts to fill out and you are still performing LST, always have a good look before walking away..I broke a main branch that was near by, but did not see it until the next day..Too Late..

Comment

My current situation. I’ve started LST but not sure which way/branches to tie down next. I feel like all I did was get it to grow to one side.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                As the branches on the sides of main stalk get longer you get shepards hooks upside down J i make them out of anything but that's how i do it just like the main cola stalk. Try an tie them " out " gently toward blank areas. Look at pics google them.
                Last edited by SoOrbudgal; 02-09-2023, 06:36 PM. Reason: cause i can

Yes, the plant will grow sideways. Just keep working (slowly) on bending the stalks farther on the new growth. Get the bottom branches pulled down and out to the side and work bending down branches higher up before they get stiff. Again, the goal is get all the tops at the same height. Edit: added pics started with j-hooks then used kabob skewers.
              Last edited by 90Gizmo; 02-09-2023, 10:23 PM.
              Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
              Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
              Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X