curly stems after germination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

curly stems after germination

Currently 2 weeks into my grow, I have 3 white widows 3 Hindu kush and 2 super skunks, the super skunks came up out of the solo cup after germination, with very curly stems, the first one appears to be dying and now the second one appears to have the same problem like the stem has broken or pinched off? the other 6 plants have no issues and all the plants are using Fox Farm warrior seed starter soil I wondering if this might be a genetic issue? this is my second indoor grow and I had some issues last year with over watering the sprouted plants so i have been a making sure this year that im not making the same watering mistakes this time. Seeds are from seed supreme they germinated fine and came right up after putting into soil. I have two SS seeds left currently in soak before paper towel.
    I am just using a small flourescent grow light and ond 100 watt lEd grow bulb, I tried my 150W Led grow light, but temperature was 88 degrees with exhaust fan on so i decide to let the girls get a bit older before I put them under full on LED

Not a seed problem but a planting issue. Not the best photo but looks like it wasn't planted deep enough an light to faraway so it stretched an pulled itself out of soil but i can only see long bentover main. If you felt confident enough dig it up gentle of course bury it deeper move within 4-5" of that CFL light water it lightly.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'd put something next to it to support it and when it's stronger and you transplant put as much of the stem under the dirt. You can even lay them down horizontally and just turn up the tip with the leaves showing when going to a bigger pot.

Comment

I agree with what the southern Oregon gal said about the light: get it closer.
        I offer a different solution to pulling and replanting. Let lay what stem lays on the dirt. It will air layer like growing roots where the stem touches. Maybe put a little dirt to help hold them down.
        The same thing occurs when you top-off your soil. All the little white dots at the bottom of your plant's main stalk are roots waiting for something to grow in.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• robear27
          robear27 commented
          Editing a comment
          ok i just tried this I will see how it goes, the first super skunk fell over right away, but its must have put some roots down its still alive after 7 days maybe i will get lucky ?

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          The plant may grow stunted since is started stunted.
          I wish I could, but I can't find a few pictures I have of a trunk that was laid down as I described. Half the trunk was buried in soil. When exposed, the soil half was nothing but roots while the uncovered half was nothing but trunk.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X