• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Hate to keep asking but i almost want to just harvest

Plants: 2 x Auto Gelato (Freebies)

Soil: Coco Loco Mixed with Natures Living Live Soil

Time: 114 days since putting seed in soil

I feel like for an auto this is an extremely long time. Mind you this is my first indoor grow and the temps have fluctuated from High of 75 and low of 60 degrees.

I just cant seem to tell if its ready to be harvested, im not seeing amber on that actual brac or whatever its called. Do i just continue to wait?

I recently put them on a self watering base so leaving them there isnt exactly an issue but i just feel something is off because its taking so long, or is this normal.

Any advice or help is appreciated

Have you perused When is the Best Time to Harvest Marijuana Buds? | Grow Weed Easy
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• ponzi314
      ponzi314 commented
      Editing a comment
      i actually forgot about this page, ill read through it and apply my findings to current grow, thank you for posting!

Just chop em, trim em,dry em, and jar em, and drop some new beans. You're gonna have some bomb ass smoke if you cure em proper.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with PRIMO i'd harvest now

It could be something with Auto's. I have been doing serial growing with autos for several months. I have had a number of plants that simply will not amber up. If there are still a significant number of green leaves, I would leave it another week. No guarantees though.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      wholeheartedly agree! I find that to be the case as well. Auto's will eat those leaves up before the trichomes turn amber. If you want to compare chop one or two now and wait for the rest, i really think Primo, SoOrbudgal, OldManGrower AND Ed Rosenthal are right, as long as your trichomes are cloudy, you're gonna be happy.

I’d advise any new grower to harvest grows at different stages as you’ll discover what type of high you like best. You may surprise yourself

Comment

Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
      It could be something with Auto's. I have been doing serial growing with autos for several months. I have had a number of plants that simply will not amber up. If there are still a significant number of green leaves, I would leave it another week. No guarantees though.
      I hope this isnt the case, i notice amber on sugar leaves if that changes anything. Ill leave another week and see what happens

Comment

• Blowdout2269
        Blowdout2269 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sugar leaf trichomes are a poor indication of maturity.

Originally posted by MagicMike66 View Post
      I’d advise any new grower to harvest grows at different stages as you’ll discover what type of high you like best. You may surprise yourself
      Isnt that bad to do with an auto? i wanted to maybe chop off a lower part of plant but was reading it could shock it. also my drying space is the tent they are growing in

Comment

• ponzi314
        ponzi314 commented
        Editing a comment
        since its winter my tent is at 64F/47%

• Blowdout2269
        Blowdout2269 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like my climate atm, lol. And to be honest I'm still working out the dry/cure on my end. So I'm no expert. But I believe that the low RH you have would result in drying to fast, having a negative effect on the end product.
        Maybe someone else can comment. Sorry.
        Last edited by Blowdout2269; 01-10-2023, 07:30 PM.

• ponzi314
        ponzi314 commented
        Editing a comment
        maybe ill try putting a bucket of water in there when its time

The best way to learn is from experience. Chop these down then start a new grow. You’ll have something to reference on the next one.

Once they get to a certain point is really is about preference. If I want a really relaxing bedtime smoke I let them go until there’s a lot of amber. If I’m growing a high THC strain and I want it to be as potent as possible I harvest as soon as they’re all cloudy before I see any amber.

Comment

• BU2B
        BU2B commented
        Editing a comment
        Sums it up pretty well.

So i was reading that an auto growing in cold env's might not actually turn amber. Im currently at 18 weeks since seed and still only see amber on sugar leaves, not on the buds themselves. So im thinking i might just harvest now instead of waiting longer. below are pics from today, im hoping the dying leaves dont turn to budrot

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd pick off the dead leaves before you start chopping.

• ponzi314
        ponzi314 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey SoOrbudgal, Next time i grow in winter i will deff throw some lights in there. By next winter i should be in a new home so hopefully its a little warmer too, Might just setup the tent in my office, its small enough lol

Puglover1, yes i was planning on cutting the completely dead ones, should i trim all the curling dead ones? if thats the case i have alot of work to do lol

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd pinch the curly dying ones off with my fingers, at the stems before chopping. Then you don't have crunchy leaf pieces everywhere later.

Welp i gave them the CHOP! Thank you everyone for your help along the way!

Comment

• Blowdout2269
        Blowdout2269 commented
        Editing a comment
        Share!
        That's basically all I do. I don't currently consume.
        But I got another couple weeks off due to this back injury, so might consume a little. If I do, this will have officially been my longest break in idk 20 years, lol. Eleven months!

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        You cure it well and jar it just hang onto it tuck it away and give some away never run out LOL

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        ponzi314 now you've got real world problems, LoL, Congrats!

Those look great, congrats on your successful harvest! Long as you don’t put them in the jars too soon you’ll have a delicious pantry full of bud to enjoy 👌🏻

Comment

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t set an exact date as you can also over dry them, check your buds instead. I’ve never had to wait 14 days to jar bud. The best way is to use your teeth and gently bite on a small stem, you’ll tell right away if there’s still moisture left in the stems, if not jar up and you’re all good

• ponzi314
        ponzi314 commented
        Editing a comment
        First time im hearing this Teeth method lol So what, if its done they will be hard? i was planning to try and snap the stems

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you break off a small bud to see if they’re ready try biting on that lil stem you break off. Your teeth are closer to your brain than your fingers so you’ll get a much better idea than just squeezing. You’ll see what I mean when you try it

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X