Light Coverage and Tent Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Coverage and Tent Sizes

A friend moved to another state and donated their growing gear to me. The haul includes a nice 4x4x7 foot gorilla tent, but no light. I'm thinking of using the new tent to replace my older flowering tent which is having zipper issues. The problem is the old tent is 3x3x7 and the light is a Spider Farmer SE3000 which is rated for 3x3 coverage.

Has anyone tried using a 3x3 coverage light in a 4x4 tent for flowering? How did it go?

I'm trying to decide if I should swap the tents or wait until I can buy a 4x4 light and run another flower tent.

Appreciate any thoughts on the subject!

Try some "zipper lube" on the 3x3 with zipper trouble?.... i would try to save it, fix it up keep both tents going...lol..and get another light for the 4x4 ... but otherwise i'd say the se3000 light will still cover 3x3 area within the 4x4 .. so what ever you can grow directly under it should have same effect...)
    Tents VIPARSPECTRA 3x3x6 (flower) - 4x2x5 (flower) - 4x2x5 (flower)​ - 2x2x4 (veg)
    Lighting WILLS 3000w (550watts) - VIPARSPECTRA P2000 (230watts) & VA1000W burple (260watts) - FECiDA CR600 600W x3(80watts) (x3)
    HVAC & Automations VIVOSUN 4" 195CFM Blower w/ Carbon Filter (vented outside) Inkbird WiFi ITC-308 Temp controlled outlets, WiFi Smart Plug Outlets for timer functions; Mini Heater with analog controls (in tent) Mini Ultrasonic Fogger (in tent) BIG 50 pt. GE Dehumidifier w/ Built-in Pump (in LUNG room outside of tent; basement)
    Medium Coco Coir, Burpee Organic Soil & Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil & 3 Gallon Hydro DWC bucket setup
    Nutes Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cal-Mag -
    Planters 2,3,& 5 GAL Fabric Pots

Comment

Rotate the plants yes it will work
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Blowdout2269
        Blowdout2269 commented
        Editing a comment
        This was gonna be my suggestion.

I was looking at motorized rotating plant trays but I need something for ~30 lbs and it get expensive.

Comment

• 3Berries
        3Berries commented
        Editing a comment
        I just use some no.16 single jack chain for lights. Easy to make any length and plenty strong.

• Blowdout2269
        Blowdout2269 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why move the plant and not the light?
        Check out electric light movers.

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I use 3Berries. Discovered this when I was trying to max out the height of the grow space. Allows for a shorter hanger than the cable hangers that came with the light.

Where are you vegging at. Are you using the 3x3 as veg and flower. If so use old tent for veg and new for flower . Your good . Dont need a great light for veg.
      1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
      1 sf2000 @200 watts
      2 philzon @230 watts
      2x4x5 tent
      3x6x8 closet
      Fox Farm ocean forest
      Black gold for seedling
      3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
      RH 40-60
      Temp 70-80
      Feeding with FF trio with molasses
      calmag and a little flower fuel
      Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• PRIMO
        PRIMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Nor a good zipper

• Sixwinds
        Sixwinds commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question - I do have a veg tent. It's the first tent I bought before I knew much 2x4x5. I learned quickly it was too short to grow how I wanted to grow so I use it as a nursery and veg tent. I moved the light that used to be in that one to a new 2x4x7 tent and use that for flowering.

It's a good idea to use the damaged zipper tent as a veg once it finally goes. The zipper does not get stuck, but it's coming off the tent fabric on one side right where you put the metal piece into the slider piece. I don't fully unzip it all the way unless I absolutely need to so hopefully it will keep going awhile.

I run two fixtures one d.i.y cobb fixture with 300w and one mars hydro ts3000 (new)..The mars has a reflector so the foot print is very small (2 flat table top plant in flower) but the d.i.y will accommodate four..If your tent height is short 3 ft then I would go with a non reflector fixture...However it appears you have the height to spread out the foot print..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X