Buds aren't sticky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buds aren't sticky

This is an Auto in its 10th week! Although they are fully ripe to look at (except through the jeweler's loupe) they aren't sticky to the touch. To get back to the jeweler's loupe (which is what I now rely upon). The trichomes are topped, but they are mostly clear and for me they're not enough of them ripened yet. But why is the bud ripening faster on the outside than on the inside? I'm afraid I'll have to take it before the trichomes start to turn. Here's a pic.

New info: I have been told that this plant has nutrient burn and needs to be flushed. I concur, but I doubt that it has anything to do with trichome content. I'll flush it and see.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OverMedicated; 01-01-2023, 10:41 PM. Reason: New info

Based on what I can see, it looks like your girl my be suffering from a bit too much feeding. The burned leaf tips at first made me think of heat issues but because it's throughout the entire plant and not isolated to the top, I'm thinking nutrient burn. You might consider a good strong flush and see if there's any improvement. Good luck

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip.

I agree with the previous poster re nutrient burn but to add to that those buds don't look great re size. Can you check your lighting levels at the canopy using a mobile phone app or a meter? You may be able to lift light levels safely.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      I have flushed it with tap water (no need to get fancy as most tap water has a pH of between 6.5 and 8.5 (don't know what mine is for sure), 7.5 will do), but I'm using "Miracle Gro" which has a pH of 5.5 - 6.2 so it kind of balances out (and ask Mr.furley soil can change the pH of water.) (I hope I quoted you right.) and a good pH for cannabis is 5.8 – 6.2. It is getting 58,582 LUX which is well in range for flowering's 45,000–70,000 LUX. Now it should be ready, steady, go!
      Last edited by OverMedicated; 01-02-2023, 01:01 AM.

As many here will agree, MiracleGro and flowering cannabis do not get along well. The plants seem do do relatively well during veg, but then things often go south during flower & bud.

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I have to admit I only went back to Miracle-Gro as an ends-to-a-means. And it's not all the same, it's different bags of soil, but mostly Miracle-Gro. It's been performing so-so. Like you said, "The buds could be better." I probably had my best grows with Fox Farm. At $9.29 3 gal. bag it had better be my best grows. How many times can you reuse potting soil anyway?

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I would not fuss with this auto much and get yourself over time if you you don't have the funds now but get yourself some decent seed starter mix or make a simple homemade mix without nutes already in it. Just plain water this auto for now and forget it. Also i'm not sure how good your lights are.

You will need to monitor your pH much better and probably ditch the soil approach....I can't advise re soil as I use coco and that works well for me and I drain to waste. Fluctuations outside of 5.8 to 6.2 are noticeable on the different nutrient uptake....if your not giving it pH to suit your grow medium you'll struggle big time
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately he's got a cocktail soil mix and his plant is intoxicated with ferts.

Please tell me where you get 9.95 $ bags of FF mine is 35.00$. Thanks
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X