Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8x8 grow room autoflower setup need feedback please

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on my setup that I have planned for my next grow. Mainly just the tent, lights and amounts of plants.

Tent: 1 x Mammoth pro+ HC240 8x8x7 (240x240x225cm)

Light: 4 x SUN SYSTEM RS 1850 LED - 720W (TOTAL 2880W) https://www.led-grower.eu/sun-system...0-led-eu-720w/

Pot: 20 x Gold label soft pot 3 Gallon (11 Liter)

Strain: "2Fast4Buds" Im thinking of going for either Lemon AK Auto, Big Bud Auto, or Northern Lights Auto.
    Will 20x 3 gallon pots be an OK amount for my space if I plan on doing LST? Or should I do less, or maybe even more?

Also does anyone think that the lights are a bit overkill or could I get away with less, lets say 2000-2500w?
    Im not too familar with these lights myself so any feedback on them would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks!

I'd plan on having at least 100w over each plant.
    How many or you trying to pack in there?
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• newnewnew
      newnewnew commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm planning on doing 20 plants, do you think that's a bit too much for my space?

I'm sure its doable, but considering the physical size of the pot, you're better off with 16. And either way, you will have a hard time accessing them all.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• newnewnew
      newnewnew commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok 16 sounds good, I've got 3 gallon (11liter) pots.
      Thanks for the feedback

We sure would like updates on how this grow goes newnewnew best of luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Blowdout2269
      Blowdout2269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, updates please. Sounds like a handful.

• newnewnew
      newnewnew commented
      Editing a comment
      For sure! I'll be starting in about a week
      thanks

Sounds fun, consider me subscribed

Comment

Hay Newnewnew, i grow a lot of fastbud seeds, i would suggest that you skip northernlights and big bud, for bluedreanatic & C-4. I just think you will be happer in the end.And i think that with a 3gal. pot that you need @ least a sq. ft. each. So 16 girls would fit better.And as blowdout said about 100w per plant ! So yes it sounds like you have much more light than you need. I run 8 autos in a 2x4x6 tent with 330w with a liveing soil no till grow. With good results. But good luck you seem to be set up well.Get ventalation and exhaust and you ll set. good luck !

Comment

• Franklin
        Franklin commented
        Editing a comment
        Am I doing my math wrong? Wouldn't a square foot each allow up to 64 plants in an 8x8 tent? I think you obviously wouldn't want that baby for access reasons but 20 seems more than reasonable to me.

Hi sure anything that i can answer i will

Comment

20 sounds like too many to me.
        If you are using feminised seeds I'd halve that, if not then you will halve it through discarding hermies and males.
        100 watts/mid/late flowering plant is not enough but in veg that's fine.
        I'm using 12 gal. pots which gives excellent yields..coco and drain to waste.
        My grow room is 11' x 8' but I'm only using 8' x 5' of the floor space with 7 12 gal pots. With only 2 reaching harvest (I made some pruning mistakes and hermies/males the rest) I found that I was using about 1450 watt of lighting which could have done 3 plants, possibly 4 at a stretch. 1 plant in flower took up more than 1m² (10 sq. ft.)of floor space. Yours may be smaller given your pot size.

An easy mistake to make is lighting too close...be conservative on that to start.
        Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
        Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I figure 4 sq ft per mature plant but I grow bushy plants.

Comment

Those lights need to be pretty close to the canopy but I don't know the distance, read the installation and operation manual, it doesn't say and I haven't seen any PAR maps..that's a worry if they don't publish the above.

So let's assume 12 to 14" above the canopy. Will you be able to work in that space to prune, trim, inspect at the installed height with all those plants.....your call but I'd struggle I think.
            Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
            Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
            Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
            Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
            Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• Blowdout2269
              Blowdout2269 commented
              Editing a comment
              A struggle it will be for sure.

Hay newnew, Your growing autos 3gal. pots are fine. and an 8x8 tent is 16sq.ft. so 16 plants works well.And ill probley be linched for this BUT i belive that if my light is 300W if i have 2 girls in there or 8 girls in there they are all getting 300W ! I just dont see the plants splitting up the light.I have never seen any difference ! thats my 2 cents on that ! EVery one that answered are talking about photos ! 12gal pots and 4sq.ft. per plant is nuts for autos. but i think that you will like running autos they take about 70 days and your done ! I plant one every 5 days. but you cant go wrong with fastbud or dutch passion. I love cinderlla jack or daiquiri lime. and if you havent try north alantic seed co. I have good luck with them. good luck.

Comment

• Franklin
              Franklin commented
              Editing a comment
              Larry makes good points, except people keep saying 8x8 is 16 square feet when it is 64 square feet. With 16 plants that would give you four square feet per plant, which I agree with Larry, that seems like a lot for autos, especially those in 3 gallon containers. I've grown four autos in a 2x2, four square feet, in 3 gallon containers. Of course you'll need room to move around in there.

Hi the 64 is cubic ft. A 2ft.x4ft. then is 8sq.ft. 2ft. wide and 4ft. long . so 8x8ft. is 16ft. think of it as floor tiles they are 1ft.sq. And or anyone growing autos in organtic soil. I found a nice trick ! When the plant is 4-5wks old be for they start to stretch. Give them a tea ! and they will strecth twice as high ! try it you wont be disapointed ! Peace !

Comment

Wait, I'm still confused, Don't you just multiply length times width to get square feet? An 8x8 tent is 64 ft². His tent is 8x8x7 so that would be 448 cubic feet. An 8x2 tent would be 16 ft². What am I getting wrong here?

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                Bowhunterwoody commented
                Editing a comment
                Just want to say this is right. 64 ft2, 448 ft3.

Ya i guess that i was wrong !I guess that becouse i never had any where close to that much space that i cant even conceve it. Im sorry i have no idea how to set up that sized grow space ? But i bet its gonna be fun !

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X