Drying buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying buds

I live in s nevada can I dry my buds in my garage, the temp 45 to 60 degrees at 50 percent humidity or is it to cold. The temperature inside is 73 @25 %

I'd give them two or three days inside and finish in the garage. Make sure you have air moving over them.

Comment

When the plant is to cold the trics can brake off and be lost, handle with care.

Comment

• ChubbNugg
        ChubbNugg commented
        Editing a comment
        I break off all mine over a trim bin. You'd be surprised how much material falls off of bud before it gets to you. Touch it, move it, even breathe on it and stuff will fly off into the air. The beautiful looking amber dust in the bottom of the tray I call " Space Dust " it's very special.

I'd also do a wet trim and get the leaves off of the plant.

Comment

CSB Garage temp way too cold for drying buds:

F
        Optimal Drying Environment:
        Room Temp. 65-70°

Keep room at 50% Humidity
        Keep a gentle breeze blowing on colas
        Optimal Curing Environment in Jars:
        Room Temp. – 65-70°
        Room: 60-65% Humidity

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Build a soil does 60 degrees, 60 humidity, indirect breeze, for 10 to fourteen days, then in Rubbermaid containers for a few days, then trim and in jars. No curing/burping jars is needed because drying is curing in this style, so it's ready to smoke. And since you're drying at same humidity as final jar humidity, you can't really over dry. Was lucky enough to have those conditions for my last grow and it really was the best cure I've had.

Comment

Technically you can do anything you want. You're the grower so you're in charge! That's a lot of responsibility but it also means you're allowed to try stuff and see what works!

All joking aside, you really can do what you want. Your garage may not be ideal but it seems like the inside might not be ideal either.

I always dry in my tent. It delays my next grow by a week or so, but I grow organic, so that's just part of the time I'd be cooking the soil anyways.

When you dry in your tent, the moisture from the drying plants helps keep the RH up at appropriate levels. If the temp/RH aren't where you want them, you can add a humidifier, etc on the outside of the tent although I've never had to do that.

If I were in your situation, I'd be looking at what's easier to fix...warming up the garage or increasing RH inside. If you have a tent, increasing the RH shouldn't be that difficult due to all the plant matter that will be shedding moisture into the air.

Let us know what you decide!
            Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
            Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X