Ev 190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ev 190

With our latest municipal water system troubles, I was forced to buy myself a nice countertop water distiller machine. It is F"""G Awshum!!! I wonder could we use it to make the 190 grain?

Yes, it can be done. Not the most efficient way of doing it but it will work. You would have to do a stripping run first to get to 190. Make sure you dump the fore shots and heads. If you have never done distilling, look up the basics so you don't poison or injure yourself.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

FYI- This person knows what he is doing, and if you watch enough, you will learn the base process quickly.

Last edited by Ckbrew; 12-19-2022, 06:49 PM.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Sound fun! But yeah, definitely make sure to toss the heads or ur gonna have a bad time.
        Back to playin in the dirt!
        Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
        I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I've seen it done and helped out a little. But I never made my own run. It all looks so interesting.

Comment

It'll take several runs to get to 190.

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              ChubbNugg it depends on what type of still you have. If using a pot still, yes you will have to do multiple runs. The first runs are called stripping runs. They do what they sound like, strip the etoh from the wash and concentrate it. Then you re-distill the concentrate to get high proof, and separate and dispose of the heads. They contain methanol and other nasty that will make you sick and go blind. If you have a reflux still like 90Gizmo has, then you could get away with one run if you know how to run it properly.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              With my toy still my first run is about 60-80 proof, starting with my blackberry wine at around 16% (32 proof). I'll keep some as brandy and add some to a batch of wine. Like Ckbrew said not all stills are equal, you have to know your equipment.

• ChubbNugg
              ChubbNugg commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh wow! I understand better now. I was thinking in these terms but when I don't know a thing, its better not to assume. This stuff is so interesting. I surely do appreciate this education. This forum is very rich.

I made a 5% mix and distilled it to 95% in one pass once at work. Used a distilling tube and controlled the condensate tube temp. Stunk up the whole place.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X