Too close to the light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too close to the light

I burnt my baby... boo, hoo... I can't get the light up any higher and the table is really wedged in there. It's about a week or two 'til harvest, if I keep it in the back, it should be all right. Man, your fortunes can change fast if you don't watch what you're doing. I don't want anything burning my plants 'til I'm the one holding the lighter. I switched out the plants and moved all the autos to 20/4. The one doing 12/12 didn't look so happy, I'm hoping she'll perk up. In doing so they all got moved to the higher table and now I have a pre-smoked plant. I was gonna go ahead and take that one, but her trichomes are still clear. She's not ready for prime time just yet. She's smelling good and definitely sticky. I snuck a sample last night and we are in the park, but nowhere near her potential so I guess she'll tell me when she's done. ...and passes the medicine...
    Attached Files

If the plant in the pic is what you’re taking about you’re all good, no signs of heat stress there

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mike, looks like she just took it . Looks like I caught it in time.

I do see some taco-ing. If you're concerned that the light stress will damage her, and you can't raise the fixture anymore; I would suggest bending and tying her away from the light. Perhaps even as drastic as suppercropping. You probably don't want foxtails starting to pop on such a beautiful plant. Especially this late in life. Lmk how it goes. Good luck!
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, those leaves are definitely curled. it looks alright though.

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a combo of some heat stress and maybe a little nutrient burn. Tie down as much as possible or super crop. Supper crop is hard to commit too but if it becomes the only choice then it’s worth it. I’ve had good success with that with a healthy plant. It’s amazing how much they can put up with. Make sure to crush them stem but don’t damage the outside. Tape in place after and give the bent cola a little support so it doesn’t droop more than 45 degrees. Hope that helps!

I hear ya OverMedicated...had that happen to me. Plant grew right into the light. I was freaking out. I did learn how to get the absolute maximum space out of the tent though. But it all worked out in the end. It was embarrassing to say the least and a lesson learned. My guess is your plant will be just fine cause you've probably bent her as much as you can away from the light.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't bent that one, but she's so close to the end.

Supercrop bend it
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm just gonna move it and keep that cola away from the light fixture. I know I should be giving it all the light it can take, but that particular bud looks about done.

OK it's your grow it's all about learning and training. Good luck.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Did I do something wrong? What would you have done for it? Water? Raised the light, moved the table? Yes, that is what I should have done. No compromise.

if it is a mars fixture you can turn down power... or as it has been pointed out you will have to super crop....bend that woody stem down with out breaking it to bad but have a good read at nebulas LST and plant training guide on the main page...be careful I broke one of my main stalks and did not know until the next day...damage done....good luck..by the way they will look really unhappy after you wrangler her into shape but after a few hours they turn back up...

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I read that, and it says something like "rub it between your thumb and index finer until it softens." Hell, it's really hard, but I'm beginning to understand. These stems can really take it. I'm into tying them down rather than bending them.

• ChubbNugg
      ChubbNugg commented
      Editing a comment
      I broke a main stalk which cut my plant in half. I ended up with a modern kung fu training dummy. If you look closely at that kung fu dummy, there is what looks like a laughing face in the center of the trunk where the main stalk broke.

Wait... You call that "Light Burnt?". it looks Ph and N burnt from here. Try Straight Ph'ed water with a little calcium in it. That's what I would try first and watch the progress closely.

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip. I know I've been needing to Ph balance my water for some time. It's amazing I've gotten these results. Oh yeah, not all results are the same "at home" as explained in the text.

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d agree, heat stress and nutrient burn, most likely. Try to tame that tall cola and then flush the pot 3x with water PH 6.
      Flush until the runoff is also PH 6.
      At this point flushing it really well will help fatten buds. It’s late enough you don’t need many more nutrients. You could add a carb enhancer to give it a boost and that won’t affect your final flush before harvest.

I think it's a balancing act between nute burn and light with Calcium. To me the burnt tips mean it isn't getting enough calcium to match the nutes. My nute burn browning comes on the edge serrations. When I start seeing yellow tips I start adding more Ca.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
      90Gizmo commented
      Editing a comment
      "My nute burn browning comes on the edge serrations. When I start seeing yellow tips I start adding more Ca."
      I've written this down in my grow diary.

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      I should add i am under fairly high CO2 at all times. 1500-2500 or so.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X