pre-sexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pre-sexing

Can it to be too late to pre-sex starts? I didn't have room this grow to do it and now they about twice as big as when I normally do.

Howdy meatpupet21, what do you mean by "pre=sex starts"? are you referring to determining the sex of a seed? I my knowledge, there is not a wat to determine the sex of a seed before germinating it. If you do not have access to a genetics lab that can check for the gender of the plant (from a sample of the coledon leaf), one must wait until about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks after the 12/12 light switch, when the preflowers will show the sex of the plant.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I too do not understand your query. Did you use feminized seeds or bag seeds or what?
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

meatpuppet21 I think you may find this useful Cannabis Pre-Flowers: Identify Sex of a Plant as Early as 3 Weeks Old (with pics!) as everyone else has stated you can't tell by visual cues from the seed. You can do a genetic test - but the method shown and explained here is the most reliable and inexpensive for determining sex of young plants ASAP.

You can use this method on any plant that has not yet started to flower to determine the sex of the plant. Never too late to thin the herd if that's your plan.
        Happy Pharming!

Last edited by BU2B; 12-13-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I'm also slightly confused by the way this question was asked...so I'll try.
          If I ever question a plants sex I will wait until it's just big enough to clone. Root the clone quickly. Then flip it to 12/12 in a different location. That will show you the sex of the parent. Then I usually just scrap it.
          Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

You all are so patient with this question what ever the poster is trying to ask.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X