Problems with leaves and roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Problems with leaves and roots

Hello all, I need some help. I’ve been growing with Spider Farmer tents since 2021 and have had about 4 great harvests….Huge buds and roots that go all the way down to the bottom of the smart pot. During my last harvest, I noticed the yields were way down, and that the roots didn’t go all the way down to the bottom, only about and inch deep.

My new harvest seems to be suffering from the same problems, I’m attaching pics. As far as I know, I haven’t done anything different. I have always used Nature’s Living Soil Autoflower at the bottom third mixed with Coco Loco, and then the other 2/3 Coco.

Please if anyone can assist I’d be grateful. Thanks so much!

These seem to have been given too much fertilizer from the get go. Ph is way off no saving this grow it's gone too far. All those leaf will soon fall off looks like root rot. Consider changing the soil up on next grow. These don't look like they enjoyed the soil mix. and don't overwater pick the pot up feel the wt. of the pot
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• ChubbNugg
      ChubbNugg commented
      Editing a comment
      So, Root rot. That's what I thought from a previous grow here. I thought the roots began to rot from an anaerobic feature in the soil. What do you think of this?

You might want to consider "pocketing" rather than layering your soils. Layering forces roots to go through what might be harsh or too hot of soil. When you create pockets, it allows roots to go around or avoid hot spots. I've been using this method for a couple years now and it seems to work pretty well for me. Like SoOrbudgal says, it looks like whatever nutrients you are using are cooking your plants. Maybe try removing all the fried leaves and do an extensive flush?

Comment

Me Three! You don't mention your ph values. I see both nute burn and severe ph problems. They often go hand in hand. If you flush them out with ph'd water asap, you can probably salvage something. Before your next grow, be sure to wash out the pots using soap.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Dear Muggz, I have a question. When you shot that first photo, do you know where the aperture is set on your camera? That shallow dept of focus can be corrected super simple. That last photo looks like the plant is morphing, or, it's going to seed.
        Last edited by ChubbNugg; 12-12-2022, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to improve my ability to understand the cause of problems, which symptoms say root rot and which symptoms say pH problems from these photos?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X