Tying 'em back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tying 'em back

This was my first experience tying back branches, but there are so many bud sites I needed to get the light to. This African plant has more buds than anything. They just keep coming out. I keep pulling leaves off, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Hopefully some of these will grow and form more shoots with even more buds as it is only 5 weeks old. Maybe y'all can tell me... is it better to have lots of buds or to concentrate my efforts on just a few? I pick the centers out as they grow to cause them to split into more branches' i.e... more buds. I didn't do that except for in the beginning stages of this plant, but it has gone wild. I only had the one seed, looks like I may wish I had more. This is my first photo, if this is what I can expect I can't wait to grow more!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OverMedicated; 12-07-2022, 08:58 PM.

Maybe this will help answer your question...
    by Nebula Haze Introduction to Bud-Based Defoliation What is cannabis defoliation, and why/how does removing leaves from a cannabis plant increase yields?

that's a good looking plant. I'd thin the middle out give it some air.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I read the article and it helped a lot!

This can also help you out:
    by Nebula Haze Lollipopping a growing cannabis plant means to remove most growth from the bottom of the plant that aren't getting light, while leaving untouched all the vegetation and bud sites at the top of the plant. This marijuana lollipopping tutorial will teach you how to increase your yields using this technique! "Lollipopping" means removing bottom growth (which isn't getting light) so that plant focuses on bud sites at the top
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      After I read that I immediately defoliated my plants. They really needed it! Thank you so much!

You're welcome.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X