Opinions, about 2(3) more weeks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions, about 2(3) more weeks?

I feel like I am getting better at distinguishing between milky and clear trichomes. There are two different plants here, but they seem to be similar progress-wise. It looks like the majority of trichomes are milky, with about 5-15% clear (depending on the picture). Obviously I'd want that 5-15% (or 10-20%) amber, so for auto hybrids, how quickly can that happen? Two weeks sound likely, or closer to three? Thursday will be around six weeks in flower (NOT when pistols started showing, but after buds started forming).

0-5 is Zkittles Auto
    6-10 is Wedding Cake Auto
    Attached Files

My opinion is that you are very close and likely within a week. already got a little amber it seems from the photos, especially the first few photos.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

I would be checking daily. I've had autos showing just a small spec of amber or none at at all, then 20% almost overnight.
      Back to playin in the dirt!
      Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
      I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I agree with Blowdout2269​. You are very close but in terms of time, who knows. It can shift somewhat rapidly. My current rule of thumb (I have very stubby thumbs) is; harvest when you have more amber than clear.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I'll keep an eye out definitely, thanks you three! I am glad I checked actually, lol. Initially I was like, barely the sixth week this Thursday, I'll start checking in two more weeks, completely going off photoperiod schedules.

Comment

Very nice photos.

Getting close for sure...lots of white pistols still though...but those trichomes look like they are coming along very nicely....

Maybe not long.....no way of knowing for sure how long though

I'd be taking photos regularly and comparing for future reference if you have those seeds for your next grow
            Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
            Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
            Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
            Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
            Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

My old eyes see mostly cloudy. Your in the window. But seeing the white still as long as it's not foxtailing I'd give it another week at least. Nothing wrong with a little taste test.
              keeping it green with the soil thing
              love me some frosty autos
              braap
              BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
              Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
              the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
              blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Finally getting a little more amber on the buds, maybe 3%, so I'll keep checking every day. Unfortunately the Zkittles fox tailed since day one, but yeah. I would call this auto run a success compared to my first auto attempt (two plants, 3-5 inches short with a single stem and a single tiny bud, lol). The Zkittles and Wedding Cake are still pretty short and stubby though. The next two are pretty much shaping up to be the same size (Do Si Dos and White Widow Auto). I figure it may be genetics since they are not from the quality auto genetic banks. I plan to try Sweet Seeds soon, which I've read are good genetics, F3+

I am growing photos as well and I am on my what I consider to be first run (first grow was bag seeds mainly as a test to see if I could do it). I am actually flipping two soon (trying for a perpetual grow). I was even able to manage clones off those two photos. Research is king? Seeds are expensive! Easy savings lol, and even if I don't like them they can be tossed, but if I do like them it would sure be a waste. I figure since I have a vegging area, I can alternate autos perpetually, e.g. two enter flower, pop 2 more seeds, those enter flower, pop 2 more, etc.

This website has definitely been a godsend. Even though growing has been legal for quite a while, there is still quite the stigma among quite a few people so I prefer privacy. It's nice to have people to converse with!

Comment

Update: Does light amber count as amber? Definitely difficult to determine. A part of me is saying there is more amber than clear, and the other part of me is saying... "Is there really though?" lol, I'm sure others have been in relatable situations. You are anxious to harvest, but you don't want to risk too early of a harvest after so many weeks with your girls. Here are updated pictures. I actually had to water again since I decided I'd wait another week. I don't know if they will make it to another water (down to every 5-6 days in soil).

On a side note, is that a seed forming, or a swollen calyx (pic 2 and 4)?

Wedding Cake 1-9
                  Zkittles 10-16
                  Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not ready for my standards of harvest. Nearly most of the red hairs disappear in the plants i grow they get engulfed in the calaxyis as they swell. You may need a better light, stronger leds. Although i don't know your true watts nor how the grow enviornment area is either. She needs more time even autos can take longer if the light an enviornment not to their liking.

• ChubbNugg
                    ChubbNugg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Look deeper at the trichs. The majority of them are clear and just starting to turn milky. very very little amber. I speculate at least 2 weeks. The second set of photos the trichs look under developed to me. I speculate an added one more week for them. I love to guesstimate.

Make sure that you are looking deep in the flowers.
                  On the side note - Squeeze it and find out!
                  Back to playin in the dirt!
                  Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
                  I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I did pinch it actually, intending to pinch it off to check the inside, and got sprayed in the eye. First time wondering about the effects of THC applied through the eyes, lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No way did that happen

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe a phat ass bug/worm, if so you need to dig it out! or cut the whole bud off!

It wasn't a bug, more a bulb than anything. There wasn't a seed, and getting squirted in the eye really did happen lol. I was waiting for some kind of burn but nothing. I checked the whole plant, and the other, and didn't notice anything unusual. I decided to chalk it up to a swollen calyx for now.

As far as light and environment, temps are around 73, humidity around 50-55 (dehumidifier keeps it under 55), and while the led is 500w, I have it dimmed a little as I have the light lower. The ppfd ranges from 800-950ish (no higher as I have no c02 supplement). I do have air entering from a lung room and exiting outside. I feel like I have environment for my situation on point, for now.

Definitely haven't noticed any bugs (moved from a place where fungus nats were an issue, but really the only issue -- that didn't carry over to the new place as I picked up my pest management).

Thanks for the responses btw!

Comment

Patience. It'll be worth the wait.
                      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                      Various size fabric grow bags
                      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Thanks Pug! I just learned something today from my grow. I unfortunately think I have been underwatering. I was going by visual signs, any kind of drooping, but it seems pot weight might be more of a tell. Normally I have been watering every 5-7 days in soil (7 days is when drooping starts), but by then the top soil starts getting harder for water to penetrate and starts pulling away from the edge of the clothe pots which isn't a good thing as I understand it. Today I did a test by lifting every 3 gallon pot, and you could tell which needed water and which still had water. It's barely going on the fourth day, and that is because they probably needed it yesterday, the third day. Think I've been so scared of overwatering I kind of psyched myself out.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's about the only way i judge if they need water is by lifting the pot. It's better to have underwatered than drown them, they will easily recover healthier. Once you learn to feel the difference of dry/wet pots you'll be golden.

• Puglover1
                          Puglover1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Cool. Lifting is great. If you use fabric bags sticking your finger inside on the side also tells you how dry they are so far down. You've got a lot of frost going on there.

Another update, week eight this Thursday. They are still progressing. Some buds look ready, while others don't have very much amber yet. So difficult not to pull them! lol.

0-9 Wedding Cake
                        10-18 Zkittles
                        Attached Files

Comment

• ChubbNugg
                          ChubbNugg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think the trichs still look somewhat under developed. I do see some light amber. I look at the trich. Most of them are clear and just beginning to look slightly milky.. The amber trichs that I can see are very light and subtle, but it could be the strain, or the lighting. I'd look again in a week.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X