Smallest harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallest harvest?

I missed a snip with my clippers three weeks ago and cut off a small stem in flower. I felt a little guilty and decided to plant it and try to keep it alive. I read a whopping two posts on cloning, prepped it and put it in soil.

It lived. First photo Nov 2 I dipped stalk in rooting powder, trimmed the fan leaves to discourage their growth and cut the top of the bud off so it would work on its roots. Now three weeks later it's rooted. It's fattening up its bud and it's thick with trichomes. No sign of revegging. I'm not expecting to get a big plant out of this but maybe I'll get an extra bowl to smoke.

Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

You are a true Hobbyist! Trying something out just to see what you can do and as a bonus, gaining a ton of new knowledge. Looks Great!
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Now 6 weeks after mis-snip and getting the purple leaves that the original plant had. Grown in clearish plastic cup I see that some algee has grown inside. Definitely better drainage for next time. Nitrogen toxicity?
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• AGH
        AGH commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice job making lemonade out of lemons! Tough to say anything about any nutrient issues since it seems like it's a bit overwatered which is causing the algae. Watering issues can cause nutrient issues, but my thoughts would be make sure your watering is dialed in, see how the plant responds, make sure the environment is as close to ideal as possible, then think abut nute problems.

Thanks for sharing your experiment with everyone!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X