Grow weed easier!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow weed easier!

I started a little experiment and thought I would share the results this far.
    • I decided to re-use some old plastic storage containers (3 gallon) as pots (drilled drain holes in the bottom).
    • Filled them with Root Farm Hydro mix
    • planted germinated Seedsman Sour Diesel Auto directly to the soil. These seeds were at least a year old (stored in the fridge in a sealed canning jar).
    • PH'd the water/nutrient mixes to between 5.5 and 6.5 using dechlorinated (left open to sit for 24 hours) tap water.
    • Room temp at an average of 25C at 60% humidity.
    • single oscillating fan in the corner of a small room (60 sq.ft.).
    • Vipar Spectra 900W at 20 inches with both VEG & Bloom switches on. cheap Reflector panel on one wall
    • watered the first 3 weeks with only diluted sea kelp, 1 litre per container.
    • after the 3rd week started with GH Trio using Nebula's nutrient guide for Coir growers, once per week, one litre per container (note: water every 3 or 4 days)
    • After 5 weeks from seed they have done remarkably well...already sitting at 22 inches tall and already in flower

I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

dilvish sounds like you know what you are doing, Congratulations!

Comment

I guess I was just trying to point out that it doesn't need to be complicated if you do the due diligence and get creative. Some new growers either go way too far or stop short at just watering the plants and end up with all kinds of problems.

It can be a fairly straightforward process that doesn't require a bunch of expensive equipment...this was my case...no tent, no dehumidifier, no carbon scrubber, no expensive PH pen, no Humidity gauge, no run off testing and the plants are thriving.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        I learn best by watching. Reading about it is here is great but I pretty much wish that all of you were my neighbors.

Always good to get back to the basics which is one of the reasons I do organic grows. Manage the temp/humidity, ventilation, circulation, watering regime, and lights (none of which require degrees in horticulture or expensive equipment) and you'll get great results!

Oftentimes I see growers, both novice and seasoned, trying to make up for missing one of the Big Six mentioned above by buying gear or measuring VPD and BPFD, etc when all they really need to do is manage the environment. Of course, if you have the Big Six dialed in and can do that consistently and you understand how a plant grows, then sure, getting scientific can be fun but stepping back and getting back to the basics will fix/prevent 95% of any problems. Yes, it takes time to figure out how to manage those environmental factors but once you do, you're good to go! And as you've demonstrated, managing those factors doesn't have to be expensive or difficult. Growing is simple but not necessarily easy but with patience (both with yourself and the plant) and time and plenty of mistakes, anyone can do a pretty great job of growing!

Grow on!
      Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
      Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Hopefully more novices will see this post and take note. Thanks for the back up AGH. You nailed it.

Comment

Nice. Makes me want to start an auto under a hanging grow light on a pedestal or speaker in the LR so I'd see it most of the time. Right now, for me, that'd be like putting up a Christmas tree for kitty kitty. He can jump higher than 6 feet going after bugs. Always something ...
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X