clone a clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clone a clone

In a perpetual grow, can you clone a clone repeatedly? and would it lose its potency?

Yes, you can. Essentially you can keep a mother in vegetative state for years(under the right conditions) and take repeated clones. Or clone a clone continuously.
    I do not see any reason that it would loose potency. I think this is a myth. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I have cloned clones to 8 generations. (Acapulco Gold by Barneys Farms) I quit doing it because of laziness I guess. i thought each generation lost a bit of vibrancy but that might just have been me . I still grow A.G. from seeds.
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

^^^ What Eliot Pryor said.

I'm working a strain right now that has been cloned repeatedly for 30 years. Each "Mother Plant" was used for 4-6 years before being cloned and flowered out for bud.
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

good info-- thanks....
          First timer grower
          Current Grow-
          Three King Strain Nov 3 - Clone of that strain also

Autoflowers Alaskan Ice and Zkittles

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X