Genetics 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genetics 101

Survey open until 30 November 2022 11:59pm.

In an effort to keep from jumping on stage at someone else’s concert I’d like to beg your indulgence for a few moments please.

The survey question on the ballot is:

IF I were to start a thread dedicated to cannabis genetics and breeding would you do any or all of the following …

Feel free to select more than one answer. ✌️
    Help moderate and help host the thread
    7.69%
    Actively participate
    30.77%
    Probably never click the link
    11.54%
    Find the thread useful
    76.92%
    Don’t have an opinion
    3.85%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by BU2B; 11-20-2022, 04:24 PM.

I would love this. There is a great sticky or two over at THC lab/the breeders forum that could be borrowed from for such a thread.

Comment

Id help with anything if it was something I knew jack about ... if that matters
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Welcome to America! Polls close in two days - but the race is being called. Here are the results:

After giving this a bit of thought - here are my CURRENT thoughts on the Genetics thread -

• We have 18,000 + members
        • Under 2% are active
        • Of that number (currently 207 or so) only 24 have voted on the poll
        • I really have no desire to repeat American politics and have 1 out of 8 active members who have chosen to vote pick the two idiots to represent the highest fan base. We may have to settle for this in American politics at the moment but I don’t think it’s right or representative nor does it put the BEST candidates forward and I don’t think it’s good enough for GWE.
        • I truly appreciate your support for GWE
        • Only a few members would participate and while it’s good to know that a number around 70% would find the thread useful that actually equates to fewer than two dozen who would find it helpful and only 8 who would actively participate including myself. To me that looks a lot like a clique and not a community information exchange.
        • As mentioned before I am far from an expert on the subject but find it fascinating and something I’m currently actively involved with and enjoying learning about and would and will share with those interested. However without a great deal of support from the GWE community this project is doomed to failure regardless of the few interested members.

I know the initial emotion - at least for me was excitement - but after having a few sleeps the reality of the situation is what it s - whether it’s what I want it to be or not.

Links ARE available and I know for sure many sites including this one have some valuable information if one is willing to put in the time and effort.​ As mentioned to me privately, and I agree, this is a badge that has to be earned not given for attendance, taking good notes or copying someone else’s.

THANKS to everyone who voted. ✌️
        Last edited by BU2B; 11-28-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Don't take it personally my brother but I'm not an expert on breeding nor do I have the time to devote to a page about the subject. As you know things move kinda slowly on this forum. First it's hard to find when you first visit the site, second everyone usually stops in for some quick knowledge then moves on to much more popular websites. The truth. I like this site because of the mostly lack of drama and one uppers and the handful of down to earth regulars. Start a page on your favorite strain or cross or questions about how to. Never know it might be the next time to show your grow.
          I can guarantee you 90% of the traffic thru this site never replies. It is what it is.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

BU2B - Sad story for sure.
            G2f also speaks the truth.
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I think for most doing your own thing takes to damn much time, or it's just to easy to get seeds from the seller. They show you lots of purty pics, and give you details about how the plant is supposed to grow and what it is supposed to produce. My bestest weed this year, seed came from a member here, best flavor, best aroma, great high, good pain relief and it gave 32 quarts. (so far 2 seeds from 3 quarts)
              I dont reply to all that I read, I mean like how many times does it need to be said to do something with the PH? IF there is already good info, I move on, IF I have something to add, I do so. I am also one that clicks the spam button from time to time for newbs that try to sale their shit, and may not reply to it.
              This time of year many of us on the north side of the planet set back and enjoy what we grew during the summer and dont grow anything over the winter. I am not growing inside this year, I have so many seeds now I dont need to make more, ya I do fem seeds inside for control. And this year and previous years I have done well enuf I may not grow next year, or maybe just a couple. Many that are not actively growing may not bother to pop in, myself I can still learn even though I dont have anything planted so I pop in and read.

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I wish we were neighbors.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                That could be arranged, I just got an offer on part of my land, $20,200. I called them and returned with $285,500 for it, all it takes is money.

Dang Rwise 32 quarts? I’m proud! Musta been one of them trees you grow. I was proud of my 8 ‘quarts’ but dayam! You rock.
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

golfnrl Second best yield was the BB3xGG4 she gave up 29 quarts, smallest was the Greasy Grapes x Santa Marta Colombian Gold with only 8 quarts. It acted like an auto.

Comment

• golfnrl
                  golfnrl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's awesome. My 8 quarts came from 2 autos.

I'm late to the party, I know, but I'd love it. I'm ignorant about breeding, would love to know more...
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X