No announcement yet.

Orange zkittles breeding project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3 week difference between the F1 and S1 would be under ideal conditions but when you start throwing cold temps in the mix like low 40 the weather slows them down and increases the time...I think the S1 will be ready sometime in Oct. It would still be a good choice for people trying to finish before Oct frost..Hands down Franklin the F1 is the champ..

Comment

Off topic but was reading through new post and started wondering if any one spends time reading some of Nebulas Great articles.

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes i read them every Sunday weather i understand them or not. lots of good info. FREE

S1 is still filling out and needs to bulk up..She is weeks away..Huh - Started off 3 weeks behind but the cooler temps have slowed her down this time of year up here..Post update with pic soon..

Comment

A little update on progress of the S1 OS...The other 2 are unrelated to this project
        Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          seeing a little change in color. They are a stable out side strain that would go 6 months weather permitted. Topped all three of mine between 4th and 5th node and they pushed out lime green new growth overnight. They are fast

Topped and going up. S1
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230924_151845067.MP.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	605626 Ten characters
        Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230924_151957215.PORTRAIT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.28 MB ID:	605622 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230924_151852358.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.19 MB ID:	605623 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230924_151925917.PORTRAIT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.45 MB ID:	605624 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230924_152006110.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.82 MB ID:	605625

Comment

• changeofpace2014
          changeofpace2014 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very Nice! Man - Looks like you will have one that will finish.

I was wondering if you noticed any difference between the Bud structure on the F1 when compared to your S1 - The F1 buds really put on weight and filled out but the S1 is leaning more towards a thinner Sativa bud stricture, but then again, it might just be the change in season and temps.

The b.b x (s.c x c.c.k) cross seems to have some vigor because it is out in front of the b.b 's bud development and not to far behind the S1. Actually I am kind of surprised because the s.c should take the longest to finish but hey Every One Love Pleasant surprise.

Really nice plants you have growing - Dry here for the week T.G but will put them in green house when the temps drop and or days of rain.

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats a big cola sticking way up, past the others by a foot. Nice color. Wheres me pipe.

I've got the smaller, volunteer orange Skittles f2 and my bigger Sour d x orange Skittles underneath my clay oven roof because rain is predicted for the next 5 days. I think the volunteer is going to finish, it's really fantastic and smells amazing, and was a fast starter. The pictures don't do it justice, I've really done nothing with this plant. Plant it's only in a 3 gallon pot along with a tea plant, it was a volunteer from a top dress of compost that I put on the tea plant and I really done nothing with it. But the buds are so thick and smells so great! The Sour d cross is also doing good but I don't think there's any way in hell it's going to finish before it. It gets destroyed by bud rot

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey @franklin
          Good to see your grow coming along.
          Have you got a spare fan or two to hit those late runners with a decent breeze to try and reduce the bud rot?
          It can help

• Franklin
          Franklin commented
          Editing a comment
          Bluey do you put the fans outside and just leave them on? I think I'm going to move the one that's about to finish inside, hopefully won't shock it too bad.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. As much airflow as possible through the buds.

Don't leave the fan in the rain......bang.

Your S1 at harvest. A few weeks behind the f1 - I would for sure grow the f1 by choice because it finished in ideal summer weather..Dam Early but the S1 finished really nice Franklin... Good Job - I think mold resistant strains are the ones to work with if planning to grow outside and Fast Finishing would be ideal. Posted my other two on the outdoor grow thread at harvest.
        Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          How many days in flower has it been (S1) changeofpace2014

• changeofpace2014
          Editing a comment
          D.M - Lets see ?? the F1 started flowering around July 19 and the S1 was around 3 weeks later...

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          70 plus days in flower, sweeet.

Franklin there was no hay smell with your cross - It smells so strong with tangie ,even before starting the curing process

Comment

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds great. Ive had that issue with others. My mouth is watering!!!

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. Sounds like you nailed the dry.

I'm so stoked it's working out so well for you

Comment

The volunteer orange Skittles is done with is slow dry, just trimmed and ready to go into Grove bags in a day or two. The smell is absolutely phenomenal, bursting orange. The sour orange Skittles is still drying in the garage, I think I'm going to bring it inside to dry, still see new mold emerging but I think I'll get some buds out of it. Even though I was so excited about this one, because the cross sounds great, as of last smell, it was not nearly as good as the volunteer orange Skittles.
          Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great to me

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks like a survival kit for a hippy. Wheres me pipe

• changeofpace2014
            Editing a comment
            spray that b...with some peroxide...I used 1/2 and 1/2 with a 20 min soak, then rinsed with 1/4 : 1 solution - mold gone...dicked around with baking soda on the b.b.but ended up trashing a oz...so when I saw it start to spread to the os and my s.c cross I nailed them with the peroxide..yes it will remove some terps but not enough to remove the delicious smell..

f1 finished about 5 ft and 6 oz, the s1 finished just over 6ft and at least 8 0z have not weighed it yet but have 16 medium jars..

The little budlet from the F1 I cut off and tried to turn, is finally puttying out something resembling a normal leaf...have to post some ugly duckling pics!!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent great job

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh nice one. Looking forward to you sharing user reviews

Damn dude that's a great harvest, wish we could hang and toke together

Comment

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn skippy.

• changeofpace2014
            Editing a comment
            maybe one day Franklin...

• changeofpace2014
            Editing a comment
            Really would like to try that dam fine pie oven you built

It looks fantastic.😍 I hope my mandarin Zkittlez comes out looking like that. I absolutely LOVE those orange and lemon citrusy buds. Best flavor and best highs. Especially when you have stuff to do.
          Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
          ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
          Current grows:

🪴 4x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
          (The Uncle Grandpa)
          🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
          🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
          🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo
          🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics) *Reg

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
          🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Comment

The next breeding phase has begun. Several months ago I successfully reached the sour diesel x (orange barb x Skittles) cross that was a goal of this endeavor, now I'm working towards stability. Just planted a sour Skittles feminized seed to reverse so I can get a collection of pollen. Also planted three regular seeds from changeofpace2014 that are (cotton candy kush x strawberry cough) x blueberry (sounds fire, right?). Hoping at least one of these is female so I can reverse to collect feminized pollen. After this I'm running a sea of green with nine different plants to pollinate.

Comment

• changeofpace2014
              Editing a comment
              You will be pleased with that cross - She is a producer with a great smell and flavor....I think you can work with her Franklin...I really really love the high.....

• dirtymike
              dirtymike commented
              Editing a comment
              Far out

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X