No announcement yet.

Orange zkittles breeding project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little update Franklin....As you can see; the F1 is Fast, Really Fast...She is a winner...Did she develop this fast for you in the past or is this One Lucky seed really special with the fast flowering...I think around July 19 when she started to flower...
    Attached Files

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Started spraying two lower branches with C.S to preserve this phenotype....However the C.S is home made with silver rods and 12v over night....and that was the second run...The first I added a little salt so the solution would conduct current but I did not like the milky color, so I ran a second batch "rod is shrinking" with a splash of tap water to add some salts so the current would conduct..Hopefully we will be successful with a dozen or so beans....

• changeofpace2014
      Editing a comment
      The pic name indicates the plant....

Cool man, fingers crossed it works!

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      Editing a comment
      Franklin did the F1 s flower this early...(July 19) or is this a special / unique? Been trying to spray twice a day, once in morning once they dried out and evening, however the rain makes us wait some times. The trick will be collecting dry pollen if this works...

Well there is auto flower in the lineage so you might have an auto or you might have an early flowering. I was aiming to build an early flowering plant that would work well in my climate but since this was an early cross, 25 percent will be auto flower. How big is it?

Comment

Franklin she is for sure a Early Version. I was under the impression that an early strain reduced the flowering time by a few weeks when compared to a photo but your F! has shaved off more then a couple of weeks, so I was wondering if the F1 s your have grown out started flowering in this early ( July 19) or this particular seed (pheno type) is just really really early.. Have to take another pic... The s1 is starting to flower now my s.c x cck x bb cross Nothing yet, and the bb is hanging on as well...So the F1 is truly a little Rock Star,,, You are on the right path but it looks like the F1 is flowering about 3 weeks earlier the the s1...

I like the branching on your cross, and when I compare it to the bb I realize why the bb is so harsh to smoke...all them dam leaves between nodes.

She smells so Dam Good....(: thanks Franklin

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        That's excellent Franklin sounds great for anyone who has a short season. Way to go with the breeding

I want a bean off this so bad!!!

Comment

DM me your address, happy to send dirtymike

Comment

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          sent post hast sir

A little update...
        Attached Files

Comment

• changeofpace2014
          Editing a comment
          No topping. Notice the node spacing on the S1.

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          It seems to skip ever other one? not as full as F1. It flowered sooner too.

• changeofpace2014
          Editing a comment
          Strange growth from seed, usually see that with clones and that is the reason a manifold can not be built or at least successfully..

Franklin the F1 is about a foot shorter then the S1..Both are in 5 gal cloth pot. I think the F1 will grow shorter because she flowers so early and gets through the stretch sooner. they smell So Nice Man....Great Selection and Results.

Comment

Yeah man! Those look great. That orange smell will just build and build as they ripen, your neighbors will think you planted orange trees.

Comment

• changeofpace2014
            Editing a comment
            very unique smell, one of the smells that kind of dance on your tongue. Habanero peppers are the same way, they smell so good or at least the mexican orange ones but dam there just Smoken Hot..

What does it mean when you refer to F1 or S1 etc. Some type of nomenclature about selecting generations I presume? Is this a genetic tree designation?
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Great questions! F1 means filial 1 and it's the first generation from a hybrid cross. Most of the corn you eat, for instance, is f1 because those crosses result in something called hybrid vigor. They grow bigger and stronger. This happens only when two very inbred lines are crossed together. It's pretty amazing, you can take two crap strains and produce amazing pants by crossing them. In fact, you would not want to grow or eat the parents of the corn that we do grow or eat.

Us cannabis pollen chuckers aren't very bright though, so we use the term f1 to refer to any cross between two strains. F2 would be if you then took the children of this cross and crossed them

S1 means self generation 1, it is when you cross a plant with itself. You take a female clone, use chemicals to make it turn make, and then use that pollen on the female. Actually now that I think about it I don't know why we put a number on it because how would s2 even be possible if you're selling? As I said, we're not very bright. 😆😆

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Franklin for the clarification. I did the S1 thing last year. Didn't know it was called that.

Broke on of the lower branches off, moving her out of the rain..It was one that was being sprayed with cs...I think my run of cs is bust...I used 12v but expected the spayed branch to be all F...up by now...,nothing....Will run that again with 35 v...Plan be took another lower branch and trying to turn her around...I hope so..she has been receiving transition nutes and only one full flower feeding. What I have realized is "if one suspects they have a special plant" take a clone just in case you want to preserve the genetics, then you can screw around with c.s..

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Plant-Feminiz.../dp/B083BGQXQR - Will this work for this process or is all advertised a gimmick?

Comment

That would work, I bought a cheap spray bottle and use this, which seems a lot cheaper Liquid Silver Solution, 16 Oz, 50 PPM, Silver MTN Minerals, (Medical Purity Silver, Most Bioavailable colloidally Suspended Nano particulates) https://a.co/d/cFWWoX2

GWE had a few articles about it

Comment

Ckbrew https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...eminized-seeds

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X