Thinking about Mars Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about Mars Hydro

Ok, I've been planning a light upgrade for some time.
    I was leaning towards a ES300 or SP3000. But seeing as The Green Sunshine Company is no longer manufacturing, I guess Mars Hydro is where I'll take my money, lol.
    My largest space is 3×5', so about perfect for the SP3000. But even better for a SP6500. You can't have to much light, right? And considering that an ES300 is roughly the same price as a SP6500, yet 320 watts shy, I'm definitely thinking the latter.
    I would prefer a light with very little maintenance(i.e. adjusting strength/height frequently).
    I know alot of you here use Mars Hydro lights. I'd like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly about the experience you've had. I'm a poor decision maker. So sway me either way!

Side note: Why do certain sites appear to be selling the SP6500 at about $200 less than Mars-Hydro or Amazon?
    Knock off/scams?
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Mars Hydro is an excellent and reliable brand. I’d be a little leery of anyone selling the same model at $200 less than Amazon.

Comment

I have had no problems with my Mars Hydros, but look at the offers from Spider Farmer also.
      Amazon prices are not hard to beat.

Comment

Definitely leery BU2B.
        Rwise, honestly I haven't even thought about SF. And yeah, Amazon prices are easy to beat. But $200? Is anyone familiar with these sites?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221115-052415_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	334.9 KB
ID:	580529

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I've bought all of my lights Viparspectra from them the manufacturers.

• ChubbNugg
          ChubbNugg commented
          Editing a comment
          Mars Hydro may have price matching. Asking won't hurt.

Yeah, I'd prefer to do the same.

Comment

Nebula haze did a side by side with the smaller versions, the sf2000 and the mars tsl 2000
          The spider farmer performed at 1.51 g a watt while mars was at .99 g a watt.
          Pretty interesting article-
          by Nebula Haze Nebula’s Cannabis Grow Journal Experiment Final Results – Keep reading to see the whole grow journal! This is the beginning of the cannabis grow journal featuring a grow-off between two LED lights: Spider Farmer SF-2000 vs Mars Hydro TSL 2000W Why these LED grow lights? We’ve received lots of questions about Mars...
          4x4
          Bubbly rdwc
          ES300s
          Cold water
          GH flora
          Mistakes

Comment

Yes, I've read the article. Might have to re-read.
            Seems like we got some SF fans in the house! Guess I will have to investimigate...
            Last edited by Blowdout2269; 11-15-2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Growcast podcast this week is about led lights and I learned a ton that would definitely help me next time I go shopping. Too much to list here, but give it a listen.

Comment

Thanks Franklin.
                Hmm, interesting...The SF7000 is roughly the same price but with flower coverage of 5×5. Not that I need it, but I think it's better to have more than not enough when it comes to lighting. Also helpful if I upgraded my space in the future. Decisions decisions...
                Anyone using a SF7000?

Comment

I smell something on that 409$ mars hydro. I started with one sp3000 in a 3x5 and it performed flawlessly. Check out my indoor grows. They are all with this light. Ballasts are removable so they can be mounted outside your area if needed but they do not put out much heat at all. They are dimmable but from 3 weeks on I have them cranked to 100% at between 16 and 30" away. Picked up a second one and now running 2 in a 5x5 footprint. Not one single dead diode in the 3 year old one. Best price is thru there store usually and if you go to cocoforcannabis.com they have a 10% off code and a great review on this light.
                  Coco for Cannabis & Migro grow light testing. Mars Hydro SP 3000 Review, Video, PAR map, PPF & PPFD, Efficiency, Hanging Height, Harvest Estimates

And we'll the proof is in the however that saying goes.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221115_174452438_HDR.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	580560
                  keeping it green with the soil thing
                  love me some frosty autos
                  braap
                  BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                  Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                  the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                  blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

I have no opinions on Mars Hydro but I recently purchased a SE3000. Seems to be a very good light. About $300 with a five year warranty.
                    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                    5 gallon cloth pots
                    30"x30"x60" tent
                    Spider Farmer SE3000
                    Coco Pearlite mix
                    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Going2fast, yeah I know you use the SP3000 with great results. I could probably use that light in my same size space with ease. Maybe doing just that, with the ability to add another is the ticket.
                      Yeah, I'll copy you, what?
                      OldManGrower, yeah Mars and SF both carry great warranties.

Was really kinda hoping for some sort of negative experience to sway my purchase. Doesn't look like I'ma get one. Like I said before, I'm a poor decision maker, lol

Comment

As I have said in the past, get a light that is properly safety certified. a "CE" only certification for an electrical item that is used 12-24 hours per day (and generates considerable heat) should be passed over IMHO. Get one that has been properly tested with a UL, CSA or ETL certification. The only ones I know of who went that extra step was Vipar Spectra and only on certain models (because it's expensive but worth it).

the CE certification is basically an internal "self" certification and unfortunately a lot of manufacturers skip proper certification. In some cases even the CE certification is faked.

Ironically Amazon has a policy that states no marketplace seller can sell electrical items that are not safety certified based on your government safety requirements. Most governments specify UL,CSA or ETL and do not even recognize the CE certification. Sadly. Amazon does not enforce their own rules (profit over policy) and unsuspecting consumers may buy products that are generally unsafe for use.

In essence, Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
                        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I can't offer an opinion on any other lights but HLG. That's all I've ever used. The 350R is my latest purchase. If that is in your budget I highly recommend it.
                          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

dilvish - Yes, thank you. I'm fully aware of all that you've stated. I only use safe products in my space. Doesn't mean I don't have a couple Elide FireBalls mounted near my sure protectors though, lol. You never know. Glad you've shared this information repeatedly. Maybe someone else needs to see it. It is invaluable.
                            golfnrl - Honestly, I haven't even looked into Horticulture Lighting Group. Maybe I'll have a look.
                            On another note, made fun of for golfing?(in regards to your post on BU2B's topic) Man, that shits just peaceful. Wish I could get a round in more often. Bout the only thing my knees can handle these days!

EDIT: Just realized how that sounds. Lol, no low-blow comments! Damn, that even worse! Whatever lmao.
                            Maybe my minds just in the gutter...

Comment

• golfnrl
                              golfnrl commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's funny...made me laugh out loud.

I'm about two years away from being able to have more golf time. I plan to do that and pharm.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X