Low humidity solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low humidity solutions

I’m about 5 weeks into flowering. Humidity has been in the 40-50% range throughout. In the past two days humidity has dropped to 39%. I have a humidifier in the grow room but it doesn’t seem to help. I’m concerned that if I put the humidifier in the tent it could be too much and I might end up actually promoting bud rot. Are there any other ways of raising the humidity a few degrees or should I just move the humidifier in the tent and closely monitor?

I would'nt worry about it. 40 % humidity is fine in flowering. I live in Montana and deal with low RH every grow, never had a issue. In fact you don't want high RH for fear of Bud rot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadpygmy View Post
      I’m about 5 weeks into flowering. Humidity has been in the 40-50% range throughout. In the past two days humidity has dropped to 39%. I have a humidifier in the grow room but it doesn’t seem to help. I’m concerned that if I put the humidifier in the tent it could be too much and I might end up actually promoting bud rot. Are there any other ways of raising the humidity a few degrees or should I just move the humidifier in the tent and closely monitor?
      I have the opposite problem, lowering humidity ~ I have to keep my de-humidifier on most of the time day/night. They cost a good bit to run. At least I have a by-product of a few litres of EC 0.0 water to use, saves me running my 'Still' which is expensive. By contrast the humidifer is cheap to run in summer/winter. I have mine piped through one of the tent vent holes. You might want to consider an 'Ink bird' humidity controller which is a good investment and got from either Ebay or Amazon. You plug either your humidifier or de-humidifier into it, or you can also put an exhaust fan in the double socket. The sensor hangs in the tent.
      The controller is on the left in the first pic' the other inkbird controls my in-tent heaters.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Inkbird_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	399.8 KB ID:	580489 Click image for larger version  Name:	InkBird_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	749.6 KB ID:	580490 Click image for larger version  Name:	Inkbird_3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	639.8 KB ID:	580491
      Last edited by Heisenbud; 11-14-2022, 03:10 PM.
      80 cm x 80 cm x 200 cm grow tent
      Portable 500w oil filled heater
      12.5 litre air pots - Coco coir,Perlite​
      Air circulation fan & extraction fan/filter
      Dehumidifier/humidifier ~ 'Ink Bird' controllers.
      Presently using 'Canna' nutrients / distilled water.
      'Photone' par/ppfd meter app for Iphone/Android
      Hanna HI 9214 Ph meter / Bluelab Truncheon E.C / ppm meter
      'Fecida' LED full spectrum 1000w equivalent / 125 watt draw from mains

Comment

I wouldn't worry much about that low humidity in flower.
        As the buds swell, they'll probably raise the RH. You have a much easier "problem" than the other end of the spectrum. I live in a very dry climate, but I end up having to run a dehumidifier when I have a bunch of plants in bloom.
        Good luck to ya!
        Last edited by Blowdout2269; 11-14-2022, 10:45 PM. Reason: Grammar
        Back to playin in the dirt!
        Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
        I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

In my small tent 30x30x60" I use small ultrasonic misters. I have two but normally only one runs at a time. They have a 50% and 100% run time settings, one is single and the other is a dual mister. The big tent 2x4x6' I use a bigger 1 gallon mister that is in the air intake filter box. This is the small one and is what usually is running.

Here's the bigger one working. I t holds 4L and is low voltage at the actual mister, 120V. I have other larger ones that are straight 120v to the actual mister and don't like that. Mainly due to the larger cord.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Mister running in box.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	580590

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l200.webp Views:	23 Size:	6.8 KB ID:	580524
          Last edited by 3Berries; 11-16-2022, 09:20 AM. Reason: Added a pic

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X