Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing seeds for my indoor growbox (first timer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing seeds for my indoor growbox (first timer)

I'm prepping a 21 x 34 x 77" cabinet with the usual "semi-pro" setup:

- 250W MH (blue) and 250W HPS (yellow) bulbs + spares
    - 250W adjustable ballast
    - intake and exhaust (6" everything)
    - exhaust fan, carbon filter
    - air cooled reflector
    - small oscillating fan

I *THINK* it should be enough for two average sized (40" during harvest) plants.

My requirements:

- doesn't get too big so I don't have to adjust the plants too much as I have zero experience
    - not too smelly - I want the filter to be enough to negate most of the smell
    - gives more of a head high and makes you laugh, not lie on the couch unable to move

The only three strains I tried and whose names I know are Jack Herer, French Macaron and Shiva. The first two were mediocre. Shiva was awesome - very stimulating and I laughed my ass off. That one would be great, but supposedly it can get as big as 60-80". Unfortunately I can't confirm those were the strains that were advertised.​

Gorilla Glue is nice as is Zkittlez. My experience is that they get to 25-36" Indoors, are easy to grow, potent and forgiving. You could probably get three plants into your space with proper training.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to add, harvest them when you have 10% amber trichs on your bud. This will result in a more cerebral and awake high. This applies to all strains.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

With that setup and a 6" carbon filter smell shouldn't be an issue. You didn't specify auto or photo. I would recommend sour stomper auto from mephisto genetics. Easy to grow, stays under 30 inches with light lst, nice and frosty and good social weed. That or blue dreamatic from fast buds.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Going2fast View Post
          You didn't specify auto or photo.
          I was thinking about photo because I've read somewhere that auto may be a bit difficult to handle for someone with no experience.

Comment

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            My first plants were autos. it was a disaster. Growing some now though. photos are 'easier' especially though veg.

White Widow was my first photos and fairly easy one to grow.

Congrats on getting started growing!

It sounds like you've done a lot of research in putting together your setup and it's good that you're doing as much research in deciding on which strain to go with!

My suggestion for you is kind of boring and may not help, but here it is: get a strain that you will enjoy consuming! After all, you're going to be putting about 4 months worth of time into your grow and you're going to deserve to enjoy your harvest!

Many reputable seedbanks/sellers allow you to filter based on characteristics. Start there and then many of them also allow you to filter based on height, yield, and even based on ease of growing, etc.

Growing indoors, you're going to have to do some training regardless of which strain you choose. It's not as scary or difficult as it seems...but don't tell everyone else that - it's fun to let people think that homegrowers are magicians :-p

Just remember:
          - Start with good genetics
          - Keep your environment dialed in (temp/humidity/ventilation/circulation/watering regime/lighting) and you'll avoid 95% of any potential problems.
          - Even if something goes wrong, learn from it and move on. And know that everyone makes mistakes - I've never gone through a whole grow cycle without a problem. Or what I prefer to think of as learning something and that's part of the fun!

Welcome to what can be a very fun and relaxing hobby and feel free to ask any questions you might have! And keep us updated!

Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
          Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X