Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Node Number Clarification

Hi Guys ... JKP again!
    First time grower and throwing everything I read into this .... going to attempt "Manifolding" creating a SOG ... hopefully.
    Attached is an image of AK-47 (a.k.a. Cooc) ... don't ask it's my wife's illusion that the grow tent looks like a puppet show about to start !! Anyway,.
    Is the blue arrow at Node Home ? (Each side contains only the single fan leaf)
    Regards,
    JKP

Yes that's your first node. Good luck! I love manifolding

Comment

• Jkp
      Jkp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Idk why it says "HOME" ... my guess is that "#1" is a defined link to "HOME".... anyway .. thanks again. I'll ask more dumb questions.

• KLAX
      KLAX commented
      Editing a comment
      Franklin, in my opinion, the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked. Perhaps that says something about the person not asking the question too. Never really considered that before.

That's the first one! And congrats on your first grow...and a puppet show!

When you manifold, you're adding some variables and time to your grow. Variables because manifolding introduces stress to your plant. Time because it takes several days after each topping for the plant to recover. Not that this is a bad thing...manifolding is my favorite training method! But with a longer veg stage, you have more time for things to potentially go sideways and more time for those potential issues to have more of an effect due to the longer grow cycle (ie nutrients, if the environment isn't dialed in correctly, lighting not ideal, etc). This can sometimes make a new grower feel defeated or like they're doing something wrong. Nebula Haze has a wonderful manifolding tutorial that I imagine you've read. Keep it bookmarked and read it again and again, especially throughout the manifolding process. And of course, let the forums know if you have any questions along the way!

So, be patient with your plant as well as yourself. Take lots of notes so you can improve on future grows. And pay close attention to what your plant is doing. You're going to be learning a lot on your first grow and even more if you're throwing in manifold training so buckle up, take a deep breath, and enjoy the learning!
    Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

ok sweet, thank you for all the inputs!
      I'm using "Super Soil" (as described per GWE , 5-gallon fabric pots in a 2x4x6 tent utilizing a MARS HYDRO SP3000 light system (dimmable).
      My thought is to grow both plants to ~18" (or so) in the veggie stage ... then around Christmas switch to flower.
      (1) plant is of a combo strain called "AK-47" and the other is called "Girl Scout Cookie" ... both seem to be happy at the moment!
      Update: After (11) days [just this morning] I've increased the light intensity to 75% @ 18" away from the tops.
      The environment is T=75° F with H~50% (it rained here yesterday so the H went up slightly and is now coming back down).
      At this point, I'm only giving light and water (@ pH~6.8).​

Comment

ok. JKP here.....so I totally messed up.

While the 1st "topping" went well with GSC, I went to adjust the LST on one of the (2) new manifolds and I SNAPPED (1) completely off !!!! I'm so bummed!

I will do the 1st "topping" to AK-47 today .... but this time I won't mess with her after the original LST tiedowns!!!

Comment

• 3Berries
          3Berries commented
          Editing a comment
          I messed up a fimm one time and got fimmed on one side and topped on the other. it made for an interesting plant structure.

Oh no! It will be interesting to see what happens with that during your manifolding since now you'll only have 'half' a manifold.

First off, don't feel bad about it - it's easy to over-love our plants and now you know for the future. Next time start off with a little less pressure while training it as you can increase it as it grows out and continue training it.

A few options:
        - keep manifolding it on the one remaining stem. This may or may not work depending on how much the plant feels stressed. you can do it to where you have 4 colas (instead of the normal 8) or you can keep manifolding that stem until you have 8 colas and see how that does
        - try to train the remaining cola back upright and see if the plant will learn that's the new 'leader' like when growing a tree. Then you can 'redo' the manifold. This is similar to above only slightly different.
        - If the plant seems slow to respond and get back to a vigorous growth, you may not want to continue manifolding that plant. However, it's young and you may have enough time for her to completely recover. If you find that it doesn't recover and start vigorous growth again, instead of manifolding, just do some LST by tying the branches (gently :-p) to create the tabletop form you're going for

Learning never ends and even the best of growers break stuff sometimes. I've never broken a stem completely off, but I've done my fair share of accidentally cutting a stem off while defoliating so don't be too bummed!

Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Thank you. I will try to NOT be too rough! ... Still a little bummed though! I'll try and see if GSC can re-create a "main" then manifold her again.... let's see.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
            JKP here again with another question ....
            My "main-lining" is coming along well (I think).
            If you recall, I broke off (1 of 2) GSC's arms so I've opted to make only (4) colas with her.

My question is should I remove the growths under the cola nodes??? Please see attached images...
            From the method described here, I think I should ...

Any advice?

Regards,
            JKP

Comment

Hi All,

JKP again with a status report on the "Girls"...

GSC has recovered from her broken arm and is showing (from what I think) to be very healthy! There are (4) colas at Day 36 ...she is outgrowing AK-47 so I had to lift her so the light is essentially equi-distant to both. (@ 75% from MarsHydro SP3000)

AK-47 had a setback (totally my fault). while trying to imply some last minute LST I broke (1 of 8) colas off ..... I'm so bummed. She has or is in the process of healing!

Both are drinking more (as am I ... just kidding)! pH is 5.9-6.1 with Conditions around 75° F & RH ~ 50-60 (tough to bring down when it's raining).

Please see the attached images. I promise, no more training.

Regards,
              JKP

Comment

• AGH
                AGH commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like they're very happy, even if they've been roughed up a little bit :-p Part of the fun of growing is experimenting and learning from those experiments, so great job!

Grommets are functional for fabric bag training. I even put a couple down the side to check moisture content at different levels.
              Very nice and healthy plants.
              Attached Files

Comment

• AGH
                AGH commented
                Editing a comment
                So glad to see someone do this with the holes down the side! I thought about doing this a few grows ago when I had some watering issues and never did. Let us know if it's helpful!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X