Edibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edibles

I'm hoping I can get suggestions or recommendations regarding making your own edibles.
    in the past couple of years I have made ginger bread cookies at the holidays and (indica based) lozenges to help with my sleep. I e used RSO for both. Works great for the cookies but RSO taste is still noticeable ( even with flavoring) in the lozenges. Should I be using something else for my lozenges?

Anyone know of a recipe book I could download or purchase? :-)
    Thanks in advance!

Mmm... Gingerbeard like gingerbread. Gingersnaps, too!
    Check the GWE website. There are recipes right up your alley.
    However, talk to me if you want to use resin, wax, sauce, or such.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I recently bought the Ardent FX and made corn muffins. It was the highest I’ve been with edibles m. 1 gram between 5 muffins. Also the high lasted muchhh longer than smoking. Will be doing edibles more now

Comment

Gummies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yph1VFPYEy8
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Could you do gummies or jelly? I love these a lot. Every night before going to sleep, I have one cbd gummy, and it has helped me for about a few months already (I used to sleep about three hours every day before starting). I hope you'll use my idea! I buy cbd extract gummies online and take one or even a half before going to sleep every night. It helps me to forget about all the stressful situations I had today and feel safe. I'm a very imaginative person, and I can't stop the flow of my thoughts when I try to sleep; this is the only cure I've found yet. But I would also love to try it as a jelly. I think it must taste interesting
          Last edited by ReedLarc; 12-05-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• OldManGrower
            OldManGrower commented
            Editing a comment
            I used the the youtube I posted below. Made good, relatively easy gummies. Taste is ok, something the video allows you to change.

For those of you who have made edibles using kief or hash, is the flavor any better than using flower stepped in oil or an alcohol tincture? I would love to pull out all of the wonderful terpene flavors and smells without the usual grossness that comes along every time I make edibles from flower.

Comment

• BU2B
            BU2B commented
            Editing a comment
            Franklin I find there is much less cannabis taste when using concentrates. TBH I don’t mind the flavor but edibles made with kief, hash (depending on how it’s made), oils, shatter, crumble and wax regardless of extraction method are much more pure and allow any flavoring used to really shine through. I.E., grape gummies will taste more like grape than cannabis and grape. ✌️

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I read someone's suggestion to find wax/concentrates on Sale, decarb it for gummies. His breakdown of cost per thc mg was cheaper than growing and making your own.

Man I just gotta say the recipe for gummies on this web site is easy and effective. Especially if you use the quick wash and the reduction to hash oil.

Comment

Bowhunterwoody - I did exactly this. Never again! Honestly, I think I effd something up along the way though. The mixture was setting up on me before I could get it into the silicone molds. Imagine sticky spiderweb-like/cotton candy/fiberglass insulation type material, or somewhere in between. I had to keep adding fruit juice to make it manageable, lol. It was a disaster!
            On the upside, the gummies were phenomenal. Probably overdid it on the oil. I slipped one past TSA and ate it about 30mins before boarding a five hour flight to the east coast. Needless to say, about ten mins after takeoff I was feeling amazing. My bad knees really get to hurting on an airplane, but not this time! Only regret - I wish I'd brought another for the flight home.
            Suggestion: Probably don't clean up the oil/gummy pan/bowl/spoon with your tongue. I did this and seriously wrecked myself. It was a challenge even getting my legs to work. Like, who od's themself on cannabis? Me! Lol 😂
            Last edited by Blowdout2269; 11-30-2022, 09:42 PM.
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              To keep from being so messy with the liquid I have found that a second pan of hot water is most helpful to aid in clean up and transfer. Next thing is a 3 to 5 ml syringe instead of pouring through a funnel, you can control the amount for each piece and when thing start getting sticky just suck up some hot water from the pan for a minute then continue. Lastly don't lick your way clean unless you like tomorrow weed.

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              I use a 10 ml syringe. Can do a whole row in one shot. The hot water is a great idea.

• Bmeupnow
              Bmeupnow commented
              Editing a comment
              I've used the recipe from this site, and it works quite well, I have found that the heat and cooking time accelerate the setting up of the gel. I take it off the fire and start putting it in the molds as soon as the gelatin looks completely melted. I bought the leaf molds off Amazon and use the included "dropper".

Yes, an adventure. That's it!
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you've had success with making your own edibles in the past. If you're looking to mask the taste of RSO in your lozenges, you might want to try using a different type of cannabis concentrate, such as distillate or CO2 oil, which tend to have a milder flavor. As for recipe books, there are many available online and in bookstores that offer a wide range of cannabis-infused recipes, from sweet treats to savory dishes. You may want to check out "The Official High Times Cannabis Cookbook" or "Bong Appétit: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Weed" for some inspiration. Happy cooking!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X