Cannabis Cultivators as a Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Cannabis Cultivators as a Community

Hey guys, I am a young college student in Humboldt County California and I am writing a college essay on why those involved in the cultivation and production of cannabis can be seen as more than just an industry but as a connected community. I grew up growing with my parents in Humboldt County, I've already gotten some stories from them about days when CAMP invasions were still active and common, some major things they said was communal child care, trusted help with distribution/bartering, as well as sharing CAMP sightings. Beyond those, I would love to hear some other reasons/stories on times growing has been more than about economic benefits but about community benefits too. This all anonymous and I am not looking for anything negative, so if you've got something bad to say about this discussion keep it to yourself. Thank you!!

Well when you got tons of cannabis that was essentially free to you, minus some time, it is feels good to be able to share with less fortunate friends and family.
    Being generous is one of the reasons I grow.
    That, and I'm really just obsessed with the hobby of cultivation.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here Blowdout2269. I don't even partake. I grow just for the fun of it. I just love growing it. I give it all away. My friends love it, a few who have the medical card really love it, and some who should have the card but don't want to give up their firearms really appreciate it. Great feeling giving it away. Legal here for recreational next July.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gee, if you ever see an IL grower with too much inventory please tag me?

• SwitchH2O
      SwitchH2O commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn’t have said that better myself… AND TO THE POSTER… you have to differentiate between the weekend joint smoker and the daily THC user (like myself who smokes 4-5 joints a day and a few self-made edibles)… differentiating the need for medical use (in my case PTSD) and the casual user… I’d give an 80% for medical use and the rest is given to my casual users…

Me either. Currently an eight month hiatus and counting. I could get a card, but it'd raise some red flags with my commercial drivers license, lol. And I sure as hell ain't giving up my firearms! My state will likely never go rec. But if the MORE Act ever passes, the feds can suck it. I'm just an outlaw, hehe.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the real fun of it.

You dont have people to talk abou this there in the middle of humbolt. Get outside.
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Some of us left went north do to bad company moving in from way south ya get me? We never left a friggin sewer dump grow behind trashing up the area but that was us. That's it as we grew just enough to get by winter an to trade an barter this was the family i came up here with. Now were all getting up there 60's an 70's don't need to work as hard we let the younger folks work it on the larger scale. Now adays we trade clones an seeds for fun of it and grow our best most potent weed where we share growing tips, have get togethers a few times a year. Put the work in an don't get greedy. Fuck big pharma farms, taxes and eyeballs.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm with Blowdout2269, I grow for the fun of it and for my friends. I personally only consume perhaps 4-5 ounces per year, The rest I provide to the larger community. Some people grow 1000 pound pumpkins, some grow championship orchids or roses, me I grow world class weed. I can't wait to submit it to the county fair! (No, not really but who knows)
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

OldManGrower I don't see why this couldn't be a possibility in the future.

Comment

My sister is a trail hiker. She tells me it's common to have a "trail break" when you meet up with someone... not a community of place but of mindset.
            Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
            Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
            Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I started growing because it was legalized in Canada in 2018. I grow for others as well as myself and have grown it to help those that suffer certain medical conditions. I never sell it ...always free of charge. Part of the reason I grow is because I like the challenge and the fact that I can say that my cannabis is 100% organic and has zero pesticides or fungicides that are used during the grow and the medium used is also organic. There isn't a single producer in Canada that can make that claim, even the ones who supply the outlets that sell only for medicinal purposes. Since the regulatory body that oversees the sale of cannabis in Canada doesn't quite know yet what are considered "acceptable levels" of pesticides and fungicides or herbicides(outdoor growers only) I take pride in my Organic offerings!
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Greetings HumboldtCountyQueen,

I think you've picked a good subject for your essay and I suggest that you include a special focus on the many online cannabis communities like GrowWeedEasy. I believe that the social dynamics of sites like this have greatly expanded the range of social interaction among growers due to the anonymity and extended reach inherent in the medium. Since the advent of widespread legalization, competition and corporate growers entering the market, much of the "Outlaw Brotherhood" ethos of marijuana has moved online where sharing info and genetics is still common.

Just my $0.02
                -Grouchy
                My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
                I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
                Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X