Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMO Strain doesnt stop growing in height and its week 10 of flower!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR GMO Strain doesnt stop growing in height and its week 10 of flower!

I have a strong GMO strain that i cant tame. The plants are still shooting new sprout on top. I had to train many tops and bend them horizontal. If i hadnt done that, the Plants would be probably around 2 meter high now.
    Below you see some background info. I tried all in my sleeve to kick the plant into proper Flower and stop growing in height. But nothing helps.
    I`ve been told its a 10 week strain but i think its AT LEAST 13 weeks. Flowers look still very young.

Any Ideas why this is happening??? How can i stop GMO from growing into the sky? Thanks

History (See pictures)
    On the day of Switch to 12/12: Using New Millenium "Decicion" fertilizer one time, to kick in flower
    Week 3 of 12/12 start to show clear signs of flower
    Week 3: Applying foliar Grow Stop twice withing 3 days.
    Week 3: Adding another 1 hour of darkness to the room, to promote switching to flower.
    Week 6 of 12/12: Flowers in the size that other Strains have in week 2
    Week 9.5 of 12//12: Plants still sprouting slowly. Buds still small and with long pistils.

Environment:
    • Nighttime is pitch black. Timer is checked regularly, so not interruption of darkness
    • Temp and Humidity is monitored with App.
      • Daytime: 25-28 Celcius, 60% Humidity Average.
      • Nighttime: 28-29 Celcius, 63% Humidity average (its warmer in nighttime cause i cant use airco nut need to deshumi.
    • Using CO2 950ppm
    • PAR on canope: 750-900
    • Coco Substrate in Pots
    • New Millenium Fertilizer Line, OSA, RO Water

Uh...if that young lady is thirteen weeks, your gonna have a bigger problem than you think. Looks like your running outta headspace, right? This might be your saving grace:
    Super cropping is easy, free, and surprisingly effective at getting your current grow room to produce bigger yields in the exact same setup. Find out exactly what to do right here!
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• talxic
      talxic commented
      Editing a comment
      exactly! head space is gonee. thanks for the super cropping idea- i had to do the bending in week 3 of fflower allready ;-)

I guess this could be one of those strains that doesn't follow the regular steps once placed into flower. Like i said just guessing that perhaps she wanted to grow in veg much longer before she stepped into the flower mode stretch ? All you can do is in my view to super crop it break/squeeze the main stalk and bend it over.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• talxic
      talxic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comment. its calming to knwo that there are really those untaimable wild horses that dont follwo the common rules. I a learning to live with it and wait for the reward ;-)

Stepping into flower was in this case not my decicion, but hers, as you said. For the next round, i will reduce plants per meter also and use supercropping. Thanks for the ideas!

Those temps could be very detrimental in flower. Try to drop them a few degrees. Try flushing the plants with plain water (really good flush) and focus on nutrients that only encourage bloom. Aside from that some strains take longer than others. Don't adjust the light schedule...otherwise the plants look healthy.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• talxic
      talxic commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks a lot for your hints. very helpfull and broadens my view on how to handle the issue!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X