Pistils turned orange...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistils turned orange...

Hi everyone, some pistils turned orange on some buds,week 3 in flower. All plants from cuttings. Growing under led's. Room totally pitch black. No hermaphrodite was identified, I've checked plants several times.
    Any advice please šŸ™
    Attached Files

Check your temps and light distance.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Clones from an aging auto?

Comment

Pistils are funny things and there are several reasons that they could be turning orange this early.

- They've been touched or bumped. I've had pistils turn orange just from my sleeve brushing against them while tending to them. On my first grow ever, I was like a curious child and I couldn't resist touching them to see what they were like. Literally the next day, that bud had orange pistils.

- They also start turning orange if they've been pollinated and that usually happens from the tip of the pistil downward. From your pics, this is sort of what looks like what might be happening to yours, but can't be sure. Triple-check to make sure there are no males or herms in your garden. Look very closely for nanners as those can be hard to see but at this early-ish stage of flower could end up causing a very seedy harvest.

- Sometimes that's just what the plant does. Different strains, different genetics, etc. all affect how the pistils behave.

Overall, if your plant is looking healthy and behaving as expected other than the pistils, just enjoy the color and being part of such an amazing plant! You'll probably see new pistils growing as the flowering phase goes on. This makes sense as the purpose of the pistil is to catch pollen so if something happens to the pistil (gets old, gets touched/bumped) that prevents it from being able to catch pollen, the plant lets it die and grows more. The more you grow, the more you'll see just how brilliant plants are! The more you grow, the more you know!
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Thank you for a such a detailed description
          And yes, you're absolutely right. I was moving plants about. I performed a lollipopping on week 3 in flower,defoliation,and few days after started to tighten up branches to bamboo sticks. When I was moving plants about the branches and buds were touching to each other and few days after I noticed that tips of pistils curling and browning. At first it appear on the buds on lower branches. I've searched very carefully to find any signs of hermaphrodite but haven't found any. I had hermis in past when I was growing from seeds.
          So only few plants of all are affected by browning pistils,most of them looks sound and healthy or with very minor signs on few buds. Checked for a root rot - roots white and don't smell.
          Checked the bud,chopped one in half, no sign of mould or seeds. Fans working smoothly, good air circulation. Growing under full spectrum LED'S, temperature 26-31cĀ° RH 48-55 PH 5.4 - 5.7
          One of the plant leaves started to show stress symptoms, leaves looks rusty and curling up canoeing. I was advised to give calMag. Few buds have dry tops.
          I attached some pics for you. Thank you sir.
          Attached Files

Comment

• AGH
            AGH commented
            Editing a comment
            You're most welcome, glad to know that's what it likely was! Keep it up and let us know how the harvest goes!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X