No announcement yet.

HELP, first time indoor grow, bud problem, maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking update and critique of 1st far from perfect crop.
    The two plants yielded around 18oz total, some 80% of flower lost to mould and disposed.
    Smoked the first 5 Oz.. no curing..stored in Tupperware. Smoked fine and did the job..it was nice. Same for the next 4 jars.
    Hello jar 5..about 3 months curing...most days opened first month twice a week next month...less than once a week last month.
    This jar is spectacular..I will try and describe it...buds look all the same as the others...once "vitamised" into mix with wet and frozen tobacco
    day 6 since vitamized...10% & 30% tobacco mixes
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16760163976117463102175209080163.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	588378
    So this sneaks up on you...you'll be feeling mild effects of relaxation and happiness before finishing the joint...extremely minor psych effects but substantial full body effect 20 to 30 minutes later, relaxation...concentration on movies and conversation not diminished..zero coughs...clumpy initially in mix feels and looks wet but it's not. Smoked by about 10 long term smokers and all describe as above...some say extremely happy...most report heavy eyelids a half hour after the joint. I'm not picking up on flavour but it is arctic smooth...a pleasure to smoke and often followed up with another a few hours later.

I didn't separate the buds into jars of different plants...it's a complete mix so these effects and improvement must be mostly down to the curing....its made my first crop a winner where before this jar I would have said it was okay to get me through to my next harvest...

And it is this website where I have learnt everything about growing indoors & curing...the harvest and dry I'd worked out from years of outdoor grows.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Drying and curing is something that is often overlooked but makes a HUGE difference in the quality of your buds! After harvest, I usually dry for 4-7 days and when they are ready for the cure, I open them at least once a day for the first month. Flavors and aromas develop so much during that month and while it can be difficult to hold off on consuming it's totally worth the wait!
      Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
      Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X