No announcement yet.

Finally a New Grow Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry about the pic, my phone has been dropped more then it's fair share...

Comment

Ok 6" exhaust fan on the way...temps and RH are in check with door open and p.i.d running heat during off cycle but things would be better with the door closed...So fan 203 cfm, new fan 440 cfm..these are cfm with fan only; I am sure the diy carbon filter reduces that by 30 - 50%...There is over 5# s of a.c in the filter.

Comment

These temp swings with this crazy weather, forced me to dig out the dehumidifier.. I might have a wee too many bud sites on the table top...should spread them out more...

Comment

update posted a few days ago here..https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-grow/page208

Comment

Interesting link on dissolved 02 in water...https://www.growertalks.com/Article/?articleid=22058

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              changeofpace2014 noticed here when overwatering pH runoff was about 6.3 and now just noticed zero runoff on 3 of them but still runoff on the 4th plant and pH is now up to 6.65 at the runoff. I started nutes at just under 6.1pH and now at 6.0...I am watering twice a day and have increased the volume 3x...will see if the runoff comes down a bit....minor calcium deficiency in one plant....but I put that down to underwatering, but only minor at this stage. They need a big trim, I need to rearrange the pot layout and lighting and flip...Ive never used enzymes indoors and outdoors pretty much just a seaweed extract fed about fortnightly and just water.
              Second feed now with runoff at 6.9 to 7 so am dropping the pH down a bit in the tank with what's left
              Last edited by Bluey; 02-17-2023, 02:31 PM.

• changeofpace2014
              changeofpace2014 commented
              Editing a comment
              I started using this https://enzymeskomplete.ca/ during the current grow, for me it has made my life in the garden much easier and will be part of the gh trio going forward.

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr.furley suggested enzymes early on to help with the 2nd hand coco and left over roots. pH runoff appears to be coming down...I'm sure I buffered enough...just overwatered a heap initially with 100% nute mix then backed it off to 2/3rds...Ive posted the new layout in show your grow thread

changeofpace2014 ... I'm trying out that idea I had on page 1 & 2 with the theater film between the LEDs and the plants and and at first glance it seems to cut the temp rise in the grow area by 50% while only reducing the light by 5%. I'm going to start a grow and see how a plant does in there.
            Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
            Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
            Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• 90Gizmo
              90Gizmo commented
              Editing a comment
              Here's the manufacturers page, that's all I really know.
              Rosco's Super Heat Shield filter deflects heat from the color filter, minimizing the effects of high temperatures and increasing the life of color filters

• 3Berries
              3Berries commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks very interesting. Any concern about the UV blocking?

• 90Gizmo
              90Gizmo commented
              Editing a comment
              The filters have a sharp cutoff at 400 nm so maybe 5-10% uva gets through... That might be enough. if not I do have a 25w uva light but I don't think I'd be experienced enough to know the effect for many grows. IR cutoff is a little slower so maybe half of near infrared gets through.

Interesting Gizmo - I never knew there was such a product.. Hopefully I resolve my heat issue (when door closed) with a upgraded exhaust fan. I am using a 4 " 203 cfm but purchased a 6" 430 cfm fan, however the replacement will have to wait for now.. It is good to know there options...

Comment

Yeah man, I love the MacGyvering in that photo! Fucking awesome

Comment

Round 2....Kind of seams like a marathon at this point...The finished S.B.C x C.C.K...the buds are much smaller this time but they are really hard; not sure why...perhaps from the little back filling or maybe the two different light fixtures...I have to confess,,I started rotating the plants from one light to the other.. The other bud is blue berry, this little guy produced much bigger buds, maybe it was the way I topped, and trained this cutting...
                Attached Files

Comment

Finally finishing up with blueberry run...started off with planned pollination but it got away from me.....Very surprised on how long pollen stays viable in dry environment...Cuttings were 3 weeks behind the mother and they even ended up with seeds from pollen in the tent....I did not have the means to take everything apart and wash it down but that will be at the top of the clean up list when this run is over... 2nd set of cuttings were also 3 weeks behind and they are finishing up with drying, maybe they will be seedless..lol I did not notice any seeds falling out when I tied them up so we shall see and then there is the final run and those girls have 3 weeks or so left...

It was good to realize large plants can be grown very small with effort....and learned that it takes a excessive amount of air exchange to keep rh down in a smurf tent,,,hoping the 6" fan will suffice next time around..

Comment

The last of the b.b run. These girls were a little smaller and produced around 6.5 oz...The planned pollen run was successful with respect to seeds but a total train wreck for getting away on me...3 or 4 generations later there are still odd seeds in the bud...This is going to be a real PITA to clean up the area...Never had this issue in past as I must of been more careful....

A pollination tent is a Must and Pollen stays around a really long time if kept dry.....
                    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gawd i hate these lessons so sorry about the massive pollen dump

Good warning to all of us who intentionally pollinate. I've never had it stick around past the initial grow. You must breed strong pollen!

Comment

• changeofpace2014
                      changeofpace2014 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it was full strength blue berry pollen...should of diluted it and should of been some where else when I pollinated...I was just outside the tent, but I did have the whole plant bagged with one exposed branch on each plant....To much work and $ to end up with unwanted seeds in the bud.

Each set of cuttings continued to have seeds but when I finally got to the last 3 or 4 group the seeds were very sparse....Hard lesson and a lot of clean up needed..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X