X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little update
    Attached Files

Comment

just above the pollen sac is a pistil....never noticed a male plant doing this.

Comment

blueberry pollination complete, waiting on 2 slow pokes to do same. New meter came today...dam ph was way out over 1 point and that was to the left of the decimal...I think Grace and the enzyme additive saved me and me plants...never showed any issues..

this is my 3rd hannah ph meter...going to invest in blue lab meters in the near future...I like there wright up...able to withstand bumps, drops and dunks...that happen when gardening...completely water proof and floats...hannah is a precious little b....

lowered lights a click or two...see how close they can be...i have noticed a difference in growth with the light...the diy cobb has 3000 and 3500k cobbs only and the buds on that b.b were more developed so i moved the other large one there..maybe just a fluke but i will watch the bud development under the mars...

Comment

• changeofpace2014
          changeofpace2014 commented
          Editing a comment
          The selected donor male got away from me, even though he was cut way back to easily see all his balls..Win some lose some when keeping males with females...they are sneaky!! but hey have blue berry seeds now..and buds are really sticky, they were sticky before I snipped off the end but more so now..

i.m.o fixtures without reflectors are better suited for smurf tents....

Comment

planning a ventilation? here is a url with some useful calculations and information on restrictions that should be considered. i.e your carbon filter and bends...my exhaust cfm (200) in a 94 cft smurf tent...is not enough air exchange, so for now, the tent door is open.

The p.i.d keeps the temp at 74 degree with door open during dark cycle, with RH in the mid 50% with current weather..

Comment

Now there starting to motor along...watering twice a day...buds are really sticky om the b.b..

blueberry R.S 23%, Thai x Cotton Candy Kush cross...this is 3 rd seed run on this strain and it does not resemble any previous grows...branching and smell .are different.
            Attached Files

Comment

• changeofpace2014
              Editing a comment
              the planned pollination was a few days ago, but this seed has to be from weeks ago, before i pulled him to collect pollen.o well have bb seeds now...might just was it all down after this run and start over with a few changes to ventilation.

• changeofpace2014
              Editing a comment
              3 plants (2 bb, 1 GLF) around 13 oz dry, the s.c x c.c.k is finishing up in darkness and then there is the cuttings which will be seedless....First round is a seed run the planned pollination got away from me..even with best effort...Weed is still full of sparkles and produces a nice high...have to post bud pic of cured.

Floral Trio with armor Si, kool bloom and Enzyme Complete...The E.C is a new addition; it helps with over watering, and salt build up...up until now when they were watered to 30% run off and they would remain really wet for 24 hr...

Comment

Those are looking great, manageable size even with the Thai/sativa genetics

Comment

• changeofpace2014
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Franklin - The this girl is showing off her kush genetics, and in the past her buds always smelt like cotton candy kush..She smells piney, which i do not mind..It reminded me of old school Christmas tree sense.. The b,b is way ahead, actually that was a desired trait a
                lo]ng with cold weather resistance. Fast finishing is a bonus..

I really think some zk w]ould be a real addition.. As far as seeds go we have b.b, b.b x tcck and b.b x g.l.f..the last does have zkittels in the strain but it has been a real \pita...she is still refusing ec 1.10, kind of just hoping her pollination produces some seeds.

how is your seed bank going?

hand is a real pita!

• Franklin
                Franklin commented
                Editing a comment
                Seeds are plumping up! Probably two more weeks?

First time having to grow flat table top plants..I think I could of had less buds but was concerned with humidity in new grow area. The p.i.d has been working well to keep temps and humidity manageable.

Comment

A little tour...it is a long way to move 5 gallon buckets..
                Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh man this makes my low back ache just looking at your space.

• Blowdout2269
                  Blowdout2269 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Damn, dungeon growin right there! I like it.
                  And u got less than half as many steps as I do, lol.
                  I quit packing water though. I tied in a separate Pex line where my main line comes through the basement wall in the cold storage and added a ball valve. Now is only packing about a dozen steps on the same level.

• changeofpace2014
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Blowout I was considering doing just that, but i had the means to hook up the table top RO system in the shop sink because I had already soldiered fitting on for sink and washer.

Oh my goodness. Back in 2000 I grew in a crawl space and just used four 4 ft shop lights in a single reflector, two cool two warm, so light heights weren't a problem or heat. I remember crawling into that space was a daily pita

Comment

It is a real PITA but I do have a cart for the 5 gal buckets...Hell I even pored a concrete path most of the way across the furnace room so the cart would roll better..I really should war my hard hat!! I reminds me of hogan hero

This whole grow in this smurf tent has been a learning curve...

Comment

the b.b are 18" with the pot and the other two are 16" with the pot.. it has been 25 days so i really hope the stretch is winding down..I was thinking about back building one of the b.b to compare how the buds developed, mot to mention that should slow down the vertical growth some.

Comment

Started back building on the 2# b.b, snipped the ends off the buds, about 3/16..take pic later..Hopefully this will force the bud to fill out more even and slow down any vertical growth,

Comment

These girls are 19 1/2" tall and that includes the 10" pot..

Heat and humidity are issue when one grows in a smurf tent 39" totoal (floor to bottom of the joist). This setup requires a larger exhaust fan, maybe 6" @ 440 cfm would suffice but the 203 cfm is not enough. This air exchange would be more then enough, if there was some height; I say this because there were no issue with the same fan in a 4 x 5 x 6.5 ft tent, but that ship sailed when we moved.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                          90Gizmo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It looks great! Awesome pictures of the escape tunnel to get there too. Never seen steps down to a crawl space. I love that idea.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X