Gummy Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gummy Storage

Does anyone have any info about the shelf life of gummies? I know they are only good for about 60 days in a refrigerator, but how about the freezer? Any other types of long term storage?
    I made quite a few, much more than I can consume in a short period of time.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

The website says up to a year if frozen. I gave some to a friend who had them 8 months later and said they were still great. That's with their recipe.

Comment

i still have a bunch in the fridge that I made at the end of July. They still taste and work fine. I would think they would be good in the fridge almost indefinitely. I made them using infused coconut oil. Considering the other ingredients, I don't see what would go bad in the fridge. maybe the sugar in the fruit juice?

Comment

Thank you! I figured a year frozen which is what GWE agrees with. I appreciate the input from my fellow aficionados. Never made them before but they're really great..
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Yep. We love gummies in this household and we always freeze them when there's more than we can eat in two weeks.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I make my gummies with MCT and as much gelatin as possible (right now I'm melting down commercial gummy bears and adding 2 packets or so of gelatin powder that I bloomed in extra fruit juice). I refrigerate them for a few days, then unmold and dry out on the counter for a few more days, then refrigerate in a labeled container. Mine seem to be stable at room temp after that; I'm still using a batch that I made in April (the main quantity is under refrigeration, I have a smaller container that I take to work).
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Just a friendly reminder that no matter how you store them , please keep away from children. This recent article made me feel sick. Ganga doesn’t need to get a bad reputation due to a few irresponsible consumers.

Comment

I think they are good indefinitely if kept in the freezer. I have cookies that are at least two years old probably three and they still get me really high if needed. I keep gummies in the freezer too and they don't seem to lose much potency over time. The high is different but not gone so there might a change in the combination and quality of terpenes and cannabinoids. Oxygen, light and temperature are the enemies of THC.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X