Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering time

This may be a silly question...
    When do you guys begin counting days in flower?
    From the day you switch lights to 12/12....or a couple weeks later when buds start to show?
    And when seed companies give you floweing guidelines when do they begin couting flowering days?

Not a silly question. But quite repetitive one to say the least, lol.
    Everyone does different. Me personally, I don't start the weeks of flower time until flowers have started to develop. Generally a couple weeks after the lights have been flipped.
    As far as breeder timelines...that's a crap shoot.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Yes i don't start a countdown till i see the the white hair puff balls begin. My problem is remembering to write it down on calender LOL then it's still a guess but i always look at the trichs and overall general deterioration of the plant leaves.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks . I was just wandering what the consensus was as I have never heard a concrete answer. I always go by trichomes but it's nice to have a better idea of when to start looking.
        Trying to get the timing perfect gives me alot of anxiety. Geez how close do you think I am

Comment

Howdy Bigripper121, I start the 'flower time count' at the 12/12/ switch (transition feed) and the first stigmas usually appear at or about 10 to 15 days after the switch. Juust my $0.02 worth (LOL!!)
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Trichomes is also a great place to watch. Some watch for orange hairs to change and curl inward. Others watch for the plant to start fading from life. Every person and plant is different. I use a combination of all three signs as well as try and just use my best judgment. You got this!

Comment

Seems that Nebula starts the week she flips to 12/12, not the week flowers show, so keep that in mind reading the tutorials

Comment

I use when i switch to 12 12. seems to be a consensus in many other sites with diaries and journals, and to me it takes any objective inequities - such as when do first signs show up? I like absolutes and using the timing switch eliminates any opinions. - for what it is worth.
                A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                  Yes i don't start a countdown till i see the the white hair puff balls begin. My problem is remembering to write it down on calender LOL then it's still a guess but i always look at the trichs and overall general deterioration of the plant leaves.
                  SoOrbudgal Yesss! I keep telling myself to write it down, I did that once and forget where I wrote it... I call it GWS. Just this Train Wreck grow I planned to follow Nebula's defoliation tutorial. I thought I knew what she says in the article and didn't double check. Turns out I was supposed to do the defol when I made the switch. Imma bout 12 days late but the girls got a haircut yesterday on the 13th. I hope that wasn't bad luck.
                  Last edited by golfnrl; 10-14-2022, 06:35 AM.
                  Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                  Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                  Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Not to worry golfnrl , read nebulas article on her trip to the cannabis conference, she states that the pros often don't defoliate until 3rd and 6th week of flower and not at the 12/12 switch. I've seen warnings elsewhere not to defoliate at the switch because it creates too much stress while the plant is adjusting to the new light system.

Comment

I usually defoliate within 24 hours prior to the flip. Then 2-3 weeks after. Though, I'm trying something new on my current grow. I'm doing the defoliation one week prior to flip, and then 3-4 weeks after. We'll see what happens...
                      Last edited by Blowdout2269; 10-14-2022, 09:12 PM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X