Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racking my brains out! Flush or no flush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racking my brains out! Flush or no flush?

deleted-deleted
    Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2023, 02:25 AM.

I use plain water last 2wks. Run off out the bottom is about 1/2 gallon appears to me. I don't flush using anything but water so that is what i do. Yes my plants get yellow leaf but i don't give anything but drinks of water every few days.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I don’t flush prior to harvest. I may fade my nutrients to be cheap, but I don’t flush the remaining nutrients out of the soil. I never know when I’m truly two weeks away, and I don’t see a benefit to starving them when they’re still putting on weight.

the jury seems out of this too as I read different perspectives. Here’s an interesting read on the topic.

Is flushing cannabis the final key stage in the production of premium quality buds or a legacy stoner myth and a complete waste of your time?

best of luck with your grow and cure.
      2x4 AC Infinity tent
      Timber 3VL (320 watt from the wall. (previous HID grower)
      FFOF Soil grower, General Hydro Flora Series nutes
      AC Infinity fans (exhaust and oscillating pole fans)

Comment

Howdy madman, I would definitely recommend a flush before the harvest. I use the GH Flora Kleen (as per directions) with a plain (but pH'ed) water flush at the very end. I do the flush because it makes for a smoother smoke and lessens the time to cure the bud.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

As growers we have all been subject to the notion that flushing is good for our plants. It seems like most all of the online sites we use to gain better knowledge about growing encourage it and have their own take on how it should be done. Truth be told, the notion goes against everything science knows about plant biology. Cannabis is an incredible bioaccumulator species that is very efficient at absorbing whatever it takes in and storing it in its cells. It's so good at it that it is often grown in areas where toxic chemicals have leached in to the soil as a method of removing the toxins. Unfortunately no amount of flushing will cause our plants to metabolize stored nutrients or chemicals out of itself. If you use chemical fertilizers and nutrients on your weed, you will smoke chemical fertilizers that are in the cells of your weed. There are some very good scientific studies and data out there that have covered the subject in depth. Like many of you, I used flushing on my grows for a number of years and thought I was creating a better product by doing so. I don't think I harmed my grows but I can't help thinking that I may have withheld nutrients my plants could have benefitted from. Sometimes it's hard for us to let go of ideas that have been so ingrained into the cannabis culture we dismiss anything that goes contrary to what we have come to believe is fact. Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Comment

To me, the best theory cannot stand in the face of the best evidence, conducted from randomized double blind experiments

Comment

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              Franklin I read this same article some time ago and while it provided some great info I had to take it with a grain of salt. RX Technologies has a pony in this race in that they sell nutrients to cannabis growers, so of course they want growers to use fertilizers throughout. I'm not saying they jaded any results but I learned a long time ago that when researching it's important to check any investment the group conducting the study might have. I found this study online and it pretty much similar in its findings. Check it out - https://atrium.lib.uoguelph.ca/xmlui...th_erratum.pdf

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X