Reusing coco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reusing coco

I’ve reused coco on indoor grows in the past with no issues but this time I have some I want to use again for a tent grow that was recently used outdoors.My gut tells me this isn’t a smart thing to do but my wallet tells me buying all new isn't either
    Have any of you folks tried this? I could heat sterilize it just not sure how to do a large amount, 6 or 7 cubic feet of it.
    Really appreciate any responses.

Go with your gut. How much will your aggravation cost you?
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Consider the overall economics of the project. The dollar value that you would save on the coco vs. the overall cost of a potential loss of harvest and the time and labor involved. I certainly know which way I would go.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Everything cost so much more now for example a 5 lb bag og GAC cost me 12$ change a few years ago, to day the same product is 25$.. I / we can all relate the cost of growing has went up...but it might cost more if you have problems with the old outside coco...

maybe soak it in some cleaning vinegar after you Clean it Out, then do a wash / rinse...but that will cost $ and small compressed blocks of coco can still be pretty cheap, unless you are wanting to use the pre processed stuff $$$

Comment

As gardening seasons come to an end, you might be able to find these products cheaper atm. Shop around.
          I always buy my soil's this time of year and seal them in weather/bug proof barrels. I just got five bags of FFOF the other day for $50 locally. They're normally $24 ea! And two years ago I could buy MG Organics at Home Depot for $2 a bag this time of year. I bought like 40 of them, lol.
          Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• OldManGrower
            OldManGrower commented
            Editing a comment
            I love a fellow bottom fisherman

Thanks for all the reply’s! I decided to buy more coco, I know it’s the right choice, guess I was hoping for a magic bullet lol. I use the premixed with perlite. Here is a pic of my outdoor girls. Had to cut them early, I don’t live in a free state, they still fly choppers here

Comment

I feel like you made a good choice.
            Great things don't come easy!
            Happy farming my fellow rebel.
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X