Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No3odiesShad0w
    replied
    It's recently calibrated and shows 7.0 for distilled water so it's def accurate. Also reads correctly for the calibration liquids. I triple checked because i couldn't believe it either but the stress the plants are exhibiting verifies it.

The other soil (Espoma) is reading correctly it's just the Fox Farm it's way out of wack.... And i been having constant acidity issues and i thought it was my water and i tried changing everything except the damn soil because so many ppl swore by it. Maybe i got a bad batch? IDK ...it was beat to shit when i got the box. But this isn't my first bag of fox farm soil and each time acidity issues and ph issues.

That's why I'm growing the Espoma and Fox Farm side by side. Same plant same strain. But already i see the seedlings in the Espoma lol healthier than the ones in the Fox Farm soil .... Mind you i pH adjusted the soil before i even planted the seed because i knew it was acidic and still issues. But we'll see.

I'll post updates as they continue to grow so we can see what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• Blowdout2269
    replied
    I would suggest double checking the calibration on your pH pen.
    I have what appears to be the same pen(but recently upgraded to a BlueLabs), and I was getting wild readings like that once. It was way out of calibration!
    Do you have litmus paper or drops you can compare to side-by-side?

EDIT: Scratch that, lol.
    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 09-28-2022, 02:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• No3odiesShad0w
    replied
    Oh for those interested I'm growing Northern Lights autoflower. I got on seed supreme. They got that BOGO offer with different strains rotating every single month. I couldn't resist I got 12 seeds for 60 bucks. No more growing seeds i found in weed. No more growing free seeds ppl give me and mystery stains. Trying to do things right. The last blue dreams that I had was absolutely delicious and I want to have good results again.

Leave a comment:

• No3odiesShad0w
    replied
    You could see the seedlings are looking great. They're in the espoma soil. The bigger seedlings are in the Fox Farm soil the one in the back is the one that I'm struggling with the pH fluctuations and all the bad pH in the soil while the one in the front seems to be okay for now we'll see when it starts flowering. I did adjust the soil or tried to adjust the soil before I planted anything but it seems to have been in vain. I put dolomite lime in there I put baking soda in there I don't know what else I could add without screwing up the super soil. So this is the last time never using FoxFarm again.

Leave a comment:

• No3odiesShad0w
    started a topic SOIL Why is Fox Farm soil SOOO Acidic??

Why is Fox Farm soil SOOO Acidic??

This is the last time I'm EVER using this shit soil. I put in 7.5 pH water and i get 5.7 out of the bottom??? How acidic is the soil??? They seem soil that's 4.0pH? No wonder why I've been struggling. I bought Espoma organic soil and everything is growing without much attention while the shit in the garbage fox farm soil looks like shit. I put so much baking soda in the soil and it still comes out 5.0pH out the bottom even running through the super soil which has a pH of like 8.5 and STILL comes out 5.0 pH.
    The rest of this bag is going to the garbage I'm not even going to put it out into my garden and risk ruining my garden. Garbage soil garbage product no wonder I've been struggling I'm never buying it again nothing from that brand. 👎👎

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X