Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

600+ Online users yet only 93 showing as suscribed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

600+ Online users yet only 93 showing as suscribed.

I just realized that 80% of the people viewing our website aren't registered users. Was wondering if advertising VPN on main webpage might convince more to join?

yes. or at least for me.

i ponied up for VPN **just*andonly** so i could join GWE. i bet there are people who are prosepective "joinees" who would benefit from at least some info about VPNs if not an outright advert.

just my 2cents
    "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

vpn or not most are scared to get caught. a VPN only protects you linking to the page. not securing who created an account. the thing people need to understand is the only way to be caught is your face and where you grow. dont show more then your allowed and dont talk about where your really from if your illegal.

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
        Lord-Xanthor commented
        Editing a comment
        Would be nice if the entire country was legal. Hopefully it won't be another 20 years.

VPN's -- All are not created equal, first and most important you want a VPN that does not create or store any logs. This is only an example. not endorsing any products, PIA vpn has multiple servers and does not (at least last time I checked) save log files, compared to a service like Avast's antivirus program and their VPN which retains log files. So while you might surf anonymously using certain VPN's ,when push comes to shove, log files kept by certain VPN's can be obtained and used against you. So choose wisely.

2nd consideration -- Myself included, most have probably signed up using your common email address, so you are trackable that way. Recommendation is to use a service like Pronto mail (again an example no endorsement ) and I think they may still offer some free accounts, and then use that email address to sign up for sites like this.

Problem with VPN's, some web sites use software that looks at your IP address and if it comes from an VPN service (and other sources) that will not allow you to connect - So if you have a VPN and cannot log into certain sites, you will probably have to disable your VPN to gain access to certain sites.

Last, it's still all 0's and 1's so nothing is foolproof.

Comment

Do you guys really think the DEA is trolling forums like this for leads? I was really paranoid when I first joined GWE but have gotten more comfortable over time, or complacent, maybe stupid??? I'm just an old retired guy growing a little weed for personal consumption (got that DEA?). Surely they have bigger fish to fry...
        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
        315 LEC
        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

• growgreenjr
          growgreenjr commented
          Editing a comment
          ^this!!! Agreed : )

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Remember, Only the paranoid survive!

Ive been told it not about how much u grow but quotas DEA has quotas to meet. Around here thay fly drones around looking for melted snow on roofs that indacate heat from grow lights.Thermal imaging is but another way to catch u. Just because your paranoid doesent mean ther not out to get U! LOL STAY ON THE DARK SIDE

Comment

The bigger fish are the ones like the recent huge bust in Atlanta Georgia I believe, where two households next to one another got raided and the sheriffs collected I believe over 200lbs. The biggest giveaway with something like that is electricity consumption. 200lbs must of used a heck of a lot of power.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Energy consumption is what concerns me; it can be disguised in the summer, but not so well in the winter...

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends where you are. My homes air conditioning during the summer is a lot less to run then the heat during the winter. For example, my bill used to be average a month $75. When I ran the heat, it would average $150 a month. I just got approved for the disabled energy reduction plan, so looking forward to seeing what my next bill is.

Its so sad that they declare a plant to be "illegal" that's about as rediculous as saying and animal or bird is illegal.
          I think the most dangerous thing about marijuana (to the govt) is that smoking it causes you to ponder things, to question the status quo. Take alcohol for example, all it does is make you stupid or dangerous, it never expands your thinking. A thinking people are a threat to any corrupt lazy govt. Also there will always be more money to be made by keeping it illegal and seizing assets, unlike alcohol marijuana is easy to grow, harder for the govt to get monopoly on.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you Joker, except I think (I hope) that as the cannabusiness potential expands, so do the possibilities of total legalization. And most folks are not gonna want to learn how to grow it themselves (or won't be successful in their attempts), so we may end up being like moonshiners who "stay on the dark side," as Potted says!

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            From my understanding of what took places years ago, alcohol back then was a big thing like pharmaceuticals are today, but back then alcohol products were extremely easy to control and tax where as a plant can be grown by just about anyone with a little bit of knowledge. Most of the people who passed the laws making weed illegal, had their money tied up in alcohol stocks, or took bribes from these companies, then spoon fed to the masses who were ignorant at the time that weed was deadly and put the fear into everyone. People fear the unknown, and because of this these corrupt officials were able to use radio, television, newspapers, magazines to spread the fear and also to drill these lies into our children that even today, many people won't even discuss this taboo because they are dead set at what their parents told them years before. Calling weed a gateway drug is extremely inaccurate. What most likely happened with that statement was people who had the fear put into them, took the step to find out and realized they were lied to, but then because weed was safe, they decided to try other things when weed wasn't available because if weed didn't hurt or kill them, most likely the other things wouldn't either and ended up dying because of it. Then officials would use those deaths and include weed so again people today still believe its deadly. Stupid move on their part because they got caught in a lie, and now because people don't know if something is a lie or not end up taking risks they shouldn't be. If I lie to my kids and I will get caught one day, then they will go through life wondering what else have I lied to them about and take risks they shouldn't. Which is why with my children, I broke that cord. I taught my kids on how drugs can kill, about peer pressure, but I also told them that weed is not one of them and that when used correctly, has many good benefits and when they get older, it was for them to decide.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            That is so excellent, Lord X!!! You told your kids the truth!!! What a novel idea!!!
            Gateway drug to heroin: puh leeze. If someone has that much of a need to get high and block out reality, then cheese and crackers will be a gateway drug...

The dea might not but I still wonder what happened to this guy who was posting from china about his flowering plants on his roof...back in December...showed up full of questions and super excited...then gone...one can only wonder....my homeland France is still very much anti pot, I wouldn't post here if I was still living there. Surveillance is real, thanks to Snowden now we know. We can decide to ignore it or pretend it doesn't affect us but it's there. I'm in a free state therefore I don't give a crap about what I post, to some extent.
          x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
            Lord-Xanthor commented
            Editing a comment
            Most likely they got the information they needed/wanted and left, or joined up under another name.

• PuravidaC
            PuravidaC commented
            Editing a comment
            I wondered about the guy from China too...

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            I talked since then to a relative who worked there and when he mentioned the special druggie jails I really got concerned, he thought the guy was suicidal or cray to post online from china about pot.

A VPN makes things a little safer but unless you're using an anonymizing browser then your browser and it's extensions are tracking your visits to GWE. If you're accessing from a phone there's virtually no way to connect without being tracked. Big brother has been watching for a long time now, all we have is safety in numbers.
          Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

regarding DEA watching us vs fulfillment of quotas...it's as if no one has ever watched the wire...lol
            "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
              Lord-Xanthor commented
              Editing a comment
              LuckyAcres I actually find it amusing to find my kids watching shows years later that my wife and I watched during her pregnancies. The most amusing part was realizing my daughter was gothic but was afraid to say a thing about it. Had a long talk, to find out she hated the colors she wore and told her to be herself. She's not even a teenager yet and extremely conscious of her appearance but now her appearance and behavior now that she feels more comfortable isn't bad at all, and her grades vastly improved too. She's more of a tomboy. Hates dolls, like games and shows my wife and I like as well. So definitely things that we do during pregnancies have an effect as well as things after. Her first junior HS report card was all A's and heck, that was much better than my first semester when I was a kid. I just hope the move isn't going to stress her out too much.

• bobsakamoto
              bobsakamoto commented
              Editing a comment
              awww...you guys....such good parental units!! much respect to you both

• LuckyAcres
              LuckyAcres commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you xanthor, honesty with kids wins in the end. Done in accordance with age and street smarts of course. My 17 year old has been around reggae since day one so pot lyrics have always been around. Always educated her about unfairness of drug laws and our society views about pot. So last year once it got legal here,I came out of the green closet and she basically said yeah I knew of course and I kinda like it better when you and mom smoke, you're a bit more relaxed! She has no interest in it, still is one of the most balanced and pleasant teenager to interact with, so all my friends say!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X