Dr Grinspoon - Long Flowering - when to harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Grinspoon - Long Flowering - when to harvest

Hi. this has been such a neat plant to grow!. had nutrient issues a couple of times, but in general just grows weird but fine. She is in a 4 by 2 tent (there used to be 3 in there a month ago), under a Bloom Plus 2500, in living soil in 7 gallon pot, supplemented by Gaia Green Bloom last 3 weeks ago. . I am canvasing comments on harvest since she is now at 14 weeks flowering and it is killing me waiting for the space - and I really want to try her. Looking other on-line at grow journals, it seems that this one may not change trichomes to amber, nor do the pistils tend to brown up much, and most folks harvest around 14 weeks. Mine now looks a lot like harvests in those diaries, but I dont think anybody is sure of timing. The attached photos from today =14 weeks exactly after switch to 12 12 . since then have gradually reduced the time to where it is now 10 on and 14 off, and i as well have reduced temperatures day and night recently. I now have only a few pistils slightly brown, and most trichomes seem cloudy with only a few overall amber. Whatcha think? I intend to wait two weeks max, but really need the tent space after that for next grow (SOG). Also - look at the bud - weirdest I have seen, let alone grew! I recently did a Panama Red, which had the mini branching (looks like foxtailing) that looks like typical of real sativa - but nothing like the Dr. Is this not just a cool structure even though it will be horrid to trim?
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Are you counting from when you flipped the lights to 12/12, or from when it became fully into bloom?

I usually don't start the flowering timer until two to three weeks after the lights have been changed.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      i counted frrom time switch. that's what wqas used in the grow diaries i was looking at.

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Bootsy I know this is late to the party but like Blowdout2269 I don't count day one of flowering from the switch. I count the start of flowering when I actually see flowers which can be up to 10 days (depending on strain) from the switch but is usually 3-7 days after changing your light schedule to 12/12

Well that's a wierd plant too long a grow for me but hey it's that wierd is why you grew it. No i would not chop by the looks of her hairs she'd be racey or ???. But i also go by When i see the budlets begin do i start the count down of flower. This is a topic we've gone over an over on this site, when do you count flower days. Most have different thoughts as to when. I do it when i see budlets form but that's me. I'd leave it and move onto your other tent. Sometimes i've " hurt " the plant to force it into finish mode. Have you ever supercropped ?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reminder - I did sign up for this, and it is cool. I will stop complaining. I have supercropped, and just had a look but the branche are so long that I have to go way down to even be able to access the stem. the little budlets are super dense. Re height - she is still growing, but only 1/2 inch per week for last couple. I see no light stress, and my friend's is now growing above his lights - What's up with that?

Wow been wanting to try the Dr myself. By the looks at least a few weeks. But I have no experience with it. I did have a zamaldelica that went till mid November and I had to chop due to freeze warning. She needed more time. Looked more ripe than yours though. Do a test nug.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Truly a strange plant. Post a follow up after you harvest. Inquiring minds want to know..
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

so. shorter hours and finally getting basement cool (down to 65 a few nights). she has ~20 % pistils turned brown. to me all trichomes look cloudy. I will wait till thuirsday when i hope to have my basement finished after the flood. then set up second tent and get on with my sea of green for Christmas. I am going to try one of the weird buds now as well as suggested and could do even sooner based on that.
        A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

So, i tried the bud in the photo. decent effect, but leads me to keep her going for now to mature a little more. One thing i do now expect is that this plant will be the worst ever (for me) regarding trimming - that bud was a pain. i might just start grabbing branches for slow time progressive harvest, that I dont normally do. see the bud pre- and post-trimming. Very weird. And sugar leaves have almost no trichomes?? A friend has the mother, and has been flowering her for 17 weeks now!!, but he really is diciplined in getting his 30% amber.

Comment

oops. maybe the Doctor did affect me more then thought

Comment

Well, I looked at a few more grow diaries and reviews. I am again stoked to wait a couple weeks if necessary. it seems there should be some amber in the trichomes although most dont wait. The reviews make this strain sound incredible, and I already have several months invested - so i will put on my big boy pants and use patience. The only rush is the next grow wants her spot, but they are still be small enough in their interim spots to work out fine. Supposedly trichomes on this one start maturing at the bottom, but the branch I am about to dry is all cloudy. Cheers - by next post this slightly larger bud will have been given a good trial.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah....we are all so facinated with this plant. Can you or would you post a full shot of it? Now that's another first for me, i've not heard of trichs ripening more from the bottom up.

Again from grow diaries online, I found a couple that definitely have amber, but up to 19 weeks flower. will see if I can keep her alive that long. see photos from tonight for interest. Tall boy beer was emptied just for size reference in the photo. a sacrifice.

Comment

19 weeks! Holy hell, that's gonna be some patience.
                Following along for the results. Already feeling bad for your upcoming sentence in trim jail, lol. That's gonna be a SOB.
                I had so much horrible foxtailing to trim once. About 3/4 of the way through I just started hacking it all up with the scissors to go in the trim/butter jar.
                Awsome plant. Pull them big boy pants up high!
                Congrats!

Comment

A whole journey-experiment with the cultivation and creation of a masterpiece)))))​ Growing plants is my favorite pastime, it gives me the opportunity to take a break from working in plastic surgery here and relax growing my own plants!​
                  Last edited by kevinsstelly; 04-16-2023, 05:57 AM. Reason: error

Comment

So. my basement is now at 59F, so Dr G is seeing pretty extreme temps. I uually let them go cooler as flowering progresses, but this seems extreme. Any opinions? I can put a heater in, but maybe the cool is helping speed her up? Getting concerned where she is so thick that I could be prime for my first indoor bout of bud rot - certainly hope not. Another week and she will bo going to a closet to finish if not done. over 15 weeks now and trichomes look same as last week to me.

Comment

Why would you be concerned about bud rot?
                      What is the relative humidity at?

Comment

• Bootsy
                        Bootsy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey. humidity goes from 40 to 80 depending on outdoor weather this time of year since i have no cooling or dehumidifying going. colas are so thick with leaves that it seems it could be damp there. Also, from the grow diaries i found, it seems bud rot tends to be a problem late. nothing for me to do about it - but just mentioned as it is something on my mind.

I finally pulled the plug on the two in flower. Cut the main colas off one a couple weeks ago. Since then the smaller buds have matured, not really increased in size. But they have stopped using water and the smells are lessening. 11&12 weeks in flower. Still some white pistils on one growing out.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X