• Show
Clear All

Seat of My Pants

Click image for larger version

Name:	freakycola.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	576811
    I broke out the microscope this morning to have a look at the Freaks trichomes. All appear to be milky with virtually no clear
    and no amber. It makes me wonder if trichome color may not be a valid indicator for this strain. The colas are very dense but
    overall the plants look like they still have some growing to do. There is very little info out there about FreakShow growing and
    even less about harvest. I couldn't get a decent photo of the big top colas because of the sun's glare but this lower one gives an
    indication of what I'm dealing with. My gut is telling me that I should wait until the buds and leaves look like they're done and
    not base harvest on strictly trichomes, but I am open to any and all comments or suggestions.

Have you considered harvesting part of the plant and leaving the rest for later? On a couple of occasions, I've clumsily broken off an entire fucking branch laden with buds beyond the point of reattaching it. (The one from this year is currently drying.) The loss doesn't seem to have seriously damaged the plant, though it must have been set back to some degree. I mean, just the shock. That said, that plant's other buds continue to swell on all of the other, thankfully still attached branches. In both instances it was a single significant branch.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X