Am I doing this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I doing this right?

Ok, just did my third reservoir change entering week four.
    And because I always overthink things, I have some concerns.

First, the darker material that develops in the reservoir over the course of each week. The first two weeks I did not have Hydroguard, and it was much worse and slightly pink. So I would wash everything with h2o2 before the new solution. I removed the recirculation pump last week and began using Hydroguard. I have just darker colors on the air stones and the surface roots now. Is this just nutrient stains?

Second, I'm curious if I am using the Hydroguard correctly. Does everyone else read this bottles instructions at 2ml per gallon? Lol

I'm entering week four using Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow, Bloom, and CaMg, plus Hydroguard. As of now, I have moved up to half of the recommended strength. 650ppm and fluctuation between 6 & 6.5pH. Reservoir temperature is steady at 67-69°F. I've been keeping the solution level at roughly 3" below net pots with two large stones circulating full-time.

Thoughts, suggestion, and comments are all welcome!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220918_074432.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	576570 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220918_074415.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	576567 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220918_075240.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	576566 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220918_075914.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	576565 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220918_075900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	576569 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220918_080913.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	576568
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 09-18-2022, 10:00 AM.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

I use AutoPots. Once the water leaves the reservoir it just sits in a tray until being consumed by the plant so I use 1/2 tbsp of hydroguard per gallon of water. I only rinse out/clean my reservoir, water pump and the lines after each grow. I start each grow with everything clean then just add water and nutes as needed until harvest. After that I clean everything and start a new round. The stains are just nutrient buildup. I keep ph 6.0-6.1 during veg then 6.2-6.3 once into flower. Also I never just ‘top off’ with plain water. If I add water to my reservoir Im also adding nutes

Comment

Hey bboy, love your grows. Been following the autopot updates. So what your saying is, I could be using a quarter more Hydroguard safely, and not to be concerned about the root/stone stains?

I would really like to try and autopot system when I go back to soil. Thanks for the response!

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s how I use. It’s a little more than the label says to use but makes it easier for me to measure out

Howdy Blowedout2269. I am about to start my 12th DWC grow. I tried using the Hydro Guard long ago but did not get the results that I wanted. I have, over the last eleven grows, have found that keeping light completely out of the reservoir, keeping the water temperature between 62° F and 70° F, and by keeping the water very well aeriated the plants will thrive. The root rot (brown algae) will not be a problem for the plants. I use four 2in. x 4in. air stones in each of my 6-gallon (10 gal. tote) reservoirs, use ice bottles (changed out as needed) to keep the temperature down, and I also wrap the reservoirs with bubble wrap for insulation.
      This setup has worked well for me. The first eleven grows were with CFLs, but this next grow I'm using two Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lamps (150 watt actual).
      Good luck with your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks DW2!

For clarification, I have the one 14 gallon shallow tote with 5 gallons of water/nutrients. This keeps me at that level.
        Keeping it underground and on the concrete is what allows me to keep the fluid temps low. I have two of those stones. The plants seem happy.

I've already culled two weaklings. Probably going to have to cull/transplant another two, maybe three. Doubt I can support this many to their end of life in such a small reservoir, unless I flower them early.

Thoughts?
        Last edited by Blowdout2269; 09-18-2022, 01:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use six net pot locations (one is used for the ice bottle) so I start five plants, but I have not ever brought all five to harvest, I consider it good if three plants make it to harvest. In a couple of grows, it seemed like the stronger more robust plants either shaded out or choked out (at the roots) the weaker plants. but it could be just my imagination running away with me. Sorry for the Motown waxation! LOL!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X