Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding 3part Nutrient

Adding Nutrients to Water

I have a question that has been bugging me because I cannot find the answer anywhere online.

when adding nutrient trio, T.A TrioPart MIcro, Grow and bloom to water. Say I have a target of 700 ppm that I want to make up. Now when I test the tap water on its own it reads 310 ppm. Do I add this number to my end result of nutrient mix or do I ignore the 310 in the water and stick to my end result without adding the 310 to 700. Thanks in advance guys.

LemonBerry

If your target is 700 ppm, that to me would be total.
    Also make sure to add the concentrated nutrients to the water in the correct order(i.e. micro always first), and never mix nutrient concentrates together.

This is from my own experience, I hope it helps.
    Maybe others will chime in.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I will take all that on board.

Nice one

Comment

HI LemonBerry, I was using PPM and tried a grow using EC measurements. Haven't went back to PPM. It's basically the same measurement just stated in different terms. EC is an easier target for me to undertsand. When I was using PPM I did not measure the PPM of the tap water, don't with EC measurements either.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

1000ppm=1gr per L

Comment

LemonBerry...just an update. Thought I'd pass on what I recently learned. Apparently I have been mixing my nutrient solution incorrectly. I use CX Horticulture nutrients. According to their tech service the EC of the base water that is used to mix the nutrients should be measured, noted, and accounted for in the target EC. Ex. target EC of 1.2 - .36 tap water = actual EC of .84. That's not enough feed for the plants during regular growth. So I'm in the process of slowly raising the target EC to account for the EC of the tap water. Since PPM/EC is the same measurement you could account for ppm of your base water in the same way. Hope that helps.
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• changeofpace2014
              changeofpace2014 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the same issue...mixed up 2 gal of seed strength solution (G/H 3 part) and when cal mag was added, the EC went through the roof..It required 2 additional gallons of water to bring it down. I already added a tankless RO system to my amazon wish list... We moved so the municipal water is different here.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X