No announcement yet.

Starting Sea of Green in Coco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 days since 12 12. Yesterday was another day of training and removal to space the branches. Still quite a few leaves removed but less n less each day. I must be careful to not overdo it now that leaf production is stopping, and may have overdone it with one of them. But - only two little branches sacrificed out of the whole batch this time. I do like the quick responses with coco and the plants seem to go nuts every night. A few strains are showing enough nutrient burn that I will treat them a little different (dilute their water) when i can remember. Now I guess final adjustment and follow the nutrient recipe until it's time? Cant be that easy! I do think I got more stretch with the Mars Hydro Ts3000, but will see how they fill out in flowering. Photos from this morning in the two tents which are less crowded than expected due to new 4 by 4 instead of 3 by 3. 2 by 4 tent now has the taller plants under the BP2500 light. It is still unseasonably warm outside so basement is a little to humid around 60%. as soon as outdoors drops it should get back to seasonal where i have to think about humidifying. almost perfect timing to match up with the state of flowring where the buds are still just developing. Christmas Harvest to come.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Curious to your mars comment regarding stretching...I have two led fixtures both 300 w but one is diy the other is a recent mars ts 3000...There does There is some flexibility with dimming power and adj height...currently I have seedlings / early veg --5 finger just starting to grow out, and I dialed back the power to 67 % and 18 " have had them on 75% @26 ".. nodes appear to be close on blueberry and thai x Cotton candy kush..gollia flue lemon fire is hanging on for dear life "we shall see" it is the only one of 12 seeds that germinated...My ceiling is 38" and your comment raised a red flag for me...Nice Grow..Snow here today...

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      re the Mqars Hydro, my tents are both only 6 ft tall to fit in basement. My par meter indicates the MH T3000 produces levels too high at the floor level at 100%. I love it and that means i can leave it at top and use the intensity to figure out the magic level. I am doing the same thing in the other tent with the less intense BP2500 but the plant under it truly seem tighter node distances, enough to watch in future. both have given great product before. From what i know of science and the way light acts, I am a big believer in having the light a high as posible to get a longer sweet spot = most penetration, but that is not generally what I read. note i am still relatively new at 7 years and only a few with LEDs. Learning the hard way is my way (unless it's uber stupid). One thing these little grows have shown me is how differently some strains react to light intensity and nutrient levels.

A new wrinkle has been added. I am pretty sure I have hermies in 2 of the plants. Blackeberry Durban, which was same batch as one that hermied for a friend. i know they were abused for awhile, but no doubt somewhat genetics. And one of the 2 blackwaters as well, from old seeds of which one of 5 previously had hermied. They were both immediately taken out of the tents and into a closet while I decide whether to keep em going or turf. Still likely 4 to 6 weeks left to finish. I have lights and a heater only in the closet so no super control from now on if they survive. I see now that the my photos are pretty shitty, but it almost looks like each has seeds starting already only on lower buds. I will get some when the light come on today. I still kinda hoped this is just a different way of forming the calyxes - but pretty sure its bad. I hope no transfer of pollen happened! Otherwise it seems the rest are doing fine. a few show slight nitrogen toxicity so their water will be diluted a bit for awhile. I also started adding a quarter dose of cal-mag to each watering, and will see how it goes just in case. This is getting to be a lot less sea of green and now just a couple of crowded tents. with the bigger 4 by 4 and now 2 less (likely) to hermie, there's now room to spare. I will get overall photos later as well for records. Cheers.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

No ones like to here that dirty word (Hermie) -- Worst case you could just roll one, and sit down and pluck that sucker...Looks like a hint of pink in the far right pic..nice

Comment

Ah Durban poison is awesome but has a track record for herming unfortunately.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, it appears that my Big Bud in hydro is quite confused now as well. Bout to just scrap the whole thing. Sad day, lol.

Silver lining - I've been chomping at the bit to run a big batch of lovely autoflowers in my own soil.
          Last edited by Blowdout2269; 11-18-2022, 08:21 PM.
          Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• Bootsy
            Bootsy commented
            Editing a comment
            surprisingly enough, it does make me feel better. the blackwater is definitely being chopped and if my cloe inspection og BD is as expected, they will both be gone. Misery likes company.

The blackwater is out in the snow. i did a dep insoection and found a big nanner underneath that had pread a lot of pollen. However, all I could find on the blackberry durban are what seem to be forming seeds. I realize it's taking a chance, but I have put her back in the tent t5hinkinh/hoping that she isnt the source of pollen and keep flowering. I tried again for a decent photo but attached is the best and i expect hard for folks to see and help. I will try again when lights come on and would appreciate if anyone can tell if thi is just seeed development from being pollinized.
          A cool thing has happened in the Strawberry Cough developing very cool magenta pistils and buds. i do have it down to 67-68 at night, but this is the only one changing - and i dont see anything in it's descriptions about this. Look very neat. so far so good.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep that second picture is a lot of seeds from pollination. Going2fast is correct about the Durban being hermi ( hence 1 of the problems with cookies) from the looks of it you've grown a sack right by the supercropping point, them genetics probably didn't like the high stress training.

Hi. One day over 5 weeks since 12 12, and all seems to be going fine. Not much work now except trim a leaf or two each day, water following the recipe and oogle them fairly often. Pretty decent spacing of the forming colas and i am very hopeful of a good harvest. If 3 more weeks, there should be some niiiice buds. I have stayed at 60 % nutrient concentration with added cal-mag at a 25% dosage (stopping that after this watering. Lots of brown tips on the leaves, but I think that happened before when i was at full strength. there are a few which still look like N2 overdose, but not too bad. I intend to try to flush for a few days at least, so will be trying to keep track somehow as there are huge differences in the expected flowering times. Should be fun. photos are of both tents with the profile of the 4 by 4. and one of the Strawberry cough colourful bud. Blackberry Durban does have quite a few seeds, but not obscene and i have been inspecting her daily for any hermie - she must have been a recipient from the hermie blackwater. Cheers till next time.

Comment

I was just sitting by the girls appraising relative growth (wake n bake time) and realized i have a little more coordination to attempt if I want to further fine tune. I believe there will be at least 2 weeks difference between the fatest ripe strain to slowest. the recipe for the floraflex nutrients is specific for each week after week 4, but I am so far feeding all the plants the same. I think I will separate them and maybe do two sets of feeding levels assuming 8 (what is on the recipe) and 10 weeks. This will mean continuing on the 4/5 week mix for extra 2 weeks for the slower batch. Another bowl for inspiration and i will figure out what I wanna do, knowing that regardless, there will be nice product. I likely will do the 2 group selections based on current grow progress and the breeder's suggested times. It was getting boring anyway just watering and picture taking the whole bunch. More later on the two lists for those who might be interested. I often wonder if it is ok to do so much writing - someone do tell me if I am getting excessive.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL i often ramble when stoned I just don't read long i mean really long boring stoner posts my brain won't follow the speech. LOL

• Bootsy
              Bootsy commented
              Editing a comment
              i get ya. often even have to watch a half hour tv show twice. good thing is i can enjoy both times

Hi. Just over 6 weeks from 12 12, and still seems ok. not perfect, but I have been keeping up pretty good with the trimming and training. Was seeing a few still showing N2 toxicity, but I am thinking it is just that some are less tolerant to nutrient levels. With these little 1 gallon pots I just did a flush with PH'd water to 6.0, dipping/soaking each pot fully submerged for a few minutes and drain - sort of a flush. Because of the weekly different concentrations of the nutrient schedule, I am feeding 2 sets, ones that are likely earlier and the others as if a week later. Really love this strage where the buds just keep getting heavier. Based on what I am seeing, I now think Christmas might be the earliest for some as opposed to the week before. Already had to support a few branches up - nice. Photos are kinda boring and look almost same as a week ago. Still hoping on average 1 oz per plant - but I am bad at estimating harvest. Cheers for now.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Morning Bootsy i think that you'll get a nice haul even more than a ounce off each. They are really frosting up nice.

Here we are at 9 weeks from 12 12 and all is still progressing what i think is pretty good. I have some pretty good fading happening on many of the girls, and some good bud swelling. I started flushing of the ones that look close awhile ago. I overfed a few because i was feeding all the same solution (lazy) until a couple of weeks ago, Includijng in my mind the strawberry cough, one of the the violators and coco-melon in particular. These have been flushed extensively and we will see how it works out. I tried for individual attention through thr grow but failed somewhat with these ones in my lazy mode. Almost no new pistils forming. I have now harvested 4 ovwer last 2 days as they were almost no green leaves left, and some amber. I include a few photos for interest. See the neat colouring of the Strawberry Cough buds and the trichomes. I normally try to harvest indicas just when they get a little amber showing, and sativas when they show at least 25 to 30% amber, but many to do. so far harvested are Strawberry cough (ready in my mind), Lamb's Bread (virtually all leaves turned red), Northern Lights and Blue Dream (all leaves yellow and starting to get into buds). I timed me doing northern Lights which is average size, and it took 75 minutes of focus, so I have a lot of work left. super happy overall. Having so many little girls - I expect for several i started flushing too soon, but do think this stuff will be great. i forgot to take a photo of the big tent, but similar to the little one. today will do another one or 2 of the violators, so that I don't end up rushing - 14 left at 1 hour per - Hmmmm! Merry Christmas all.. Click image for larger version

Name:	Strawberry cough 22 dec 01.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	583860 Click image for larger version

Name:	Strawberry cough 24 dec 01.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	583861

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful colors. Nice and chunky.

• changeofpace2014
              changeofpace2014 commented
              Editing a comment
              Really nice color..hope my blueberry shows some great color

• Going2fast
              Going2fast commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful plants bootsy

Sorry for the delay in this posting. basically everything just kept progressing ok. all plants were flushed for 4 days or more. I harvested half of the girl as they became ready, and then got sick just after Christmas, and still managed to get all but 5 done. The last 5 I chopped for dry trimming, only the second time I have done it, and they are almost ready to finish trimming. so far averaging over 30g per plant with around 2g of nice kief per lady. sugar leaves which have been sifted once and will be alcohol washed for some concentrate when completed. I have learned a few things that may have been obvious to others but not to me. Different plants have huge differences in light tolerance - with same light setting and height, some showed stress while others were fine. Same thing for nutrients, in that with same recipe some showed nitrogen toxicity while others were fine. it was difficult to keep track once i started trying to adjust for 17 plants with different needs - mainly because I didnt keep good notes. with so many, it was also tough for me to keep track of the flushing times, for which i guessed a lot. It did seem that the end results are all nice and super sticky, which will be confirmed after curing. a couple which didnt look as if they had many trichomes actually produced the most kief from the trim. Keeping the more light sensitive ones at the perimeter helped equalize lighting tremendously in the 4 by 4 tent with 3 by 3 light. Regarding lights, my basement is pretty chilly so heat wasnt a problem (the AC infinity fan was set only for humidity), but each time I tried to turn her up to full volume with the light at the top of the 6 ft tent, I got light burn, so the MH3000 is more than powerful enough for the 6 ft tents (all I can fit in my basement). I know others would disagree, but knowing how lighting works, I keep the lights as high as possible in flowering and adjust intensity. The further away from source, the less percentage intensity drop off happens. the best penetration based on the principles of dispersion would happen from maximum height and adjusting intensity to match. a few of the plants ended up with a lot of yellow leaves after flushing and still looked and felt great once the leaves were trimmed (I had never let plants get that bad before). the worst were the last ones with harvest delayed while I was sick, but they still look great. I love the MH3000 and it produced up to 1 ft long colas, which to me is great for a budget LED (got it second hand for $200Cdn). The Bloom plus 2500 did a nice job too, but didnt get the same penetration, confirmed by the par meter. If i did this again, I would use a nutrient system which only had two stages, bloom and veg as opposed to almost weekly changes with the Flora flex system - because of the big difference in flowering time and difficulty in keeping track for this lazy old guy. with the 17 plants (five in the 2 by 4 and 12 in the 4 by 4), it wasnt crowded, but if I had used the 3 by 3 it would have been super tight. This has been my most fun grow yet, and I really like how the plants respond quickly in coco to nutrient adjustments, almost a daily response. I flushed em totally a couple of times during the grow just because. The two violators from different breeders were vastly different but both super trichome covered. The strawberry cough with the beautiful red flowers is the most unique odour, but still untried, and when dry they ended up almost black. included are a few photos that seemd to ne typical. Full harvest talley to come in a few days. thanks for reading. i still have a lot of seeds so I figure I may do this again since i have everything already in place. next grow will be just 3 or 4 plants in my living soil, and will include a couple of CBD for my wife's pain - she is now a believer in CBD and CBG from last summer. Cheers all - I am about to load the plenty for first time in over 2 weeks, and might folow up with some Christmas tequila, also first since Christmas.

Comment

• Blowdout2269
              Blowdout2269 commented
              Editing a comment
              Holy word wall, jeebus!
              Congrats though, and nice pics!

• Bootsy
              Bootsy commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah. once i get going. the good thing about writing is that I can be ignored. feel sorry for those that gotta talk to me.

Incase of interest, the talley for the grow was 560 g of nice bud, and 45 g of sift. I plan on maybe sometime doing an alcohol wash of the lightly sifted trim, but that bin is getting pretty big now. Plants ranged from 20 g to 40 each. Having now tried a bunch of them, all nice so far - i gotta admit i have trouble telling difference between many strains except the distinctive ones. there are seeds in all of them, but not a lot so I guess i got the hermie out with not too much damage. I will be even more dilligent in checking the next batch out. Next / current grow started has a few CBD plants for wife's use - she has found nice pain relief from the last batch of cbd and cbg. Cheers till next time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X