Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to try an autoflower using DWC, advice requested

Good day all,
    I dedicated my 2021-22 grows to using Deep Water Culture (DWC or hydroponics depending on who you talk with) using photoperiod strains. Due to temperatures and lack of AC, I can only grow indoors from October to May. Yes, I made mistakes...yes, I had some victories (oh man, that Sweet Tooth was good), but overall I found DWC to be super easy compared to soil (haven't tried coco yet). I've grown autos in soil before, but never using DWC. I've been scouring the site for any tips or journals regarding growing autos in water, but haven't found any yet. I'm sure they are out there, I'm just a horrible impatient researcher. I have been using the GH Flora Trio, so was planning on doing to the same for this round. I was wondering if anyone had a nutrient schedule for GH Flora Trio on autoflowers? I was probably just going to wing it and start with the veg nutrient schedule and skip to the flowering schedule once the plants started showing pistols. Ramble, ramble, ramble, any advice is more than welcome.

For this upcoming round I picked a Northern Lights Auto from Seed Supreme (heck, ya, buy one get one free). I'll be using a ViparSpectra KS3000 in a 4'x4'x7' tent. I used this light on my last grow and found it to be very powerful; definitely had to increase the distance of the plant from the light above the recommendations to deal with light burn during flowering. If any of you have experience with this light, I would welcome any advice.

Happy growing everyone!

Go to the main site and search "dwc nutrient schedule". I believe you will find the answers to most of your questions.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I've done a few grows using auto's in my RDWC system, and I've found that most of the auto's I've run are light feeders.
      I will typically run my system around 1.6-1.8 ec with photo's. If I use the same concentration with auto's, I'll usually get some leaf burn.
      Other than that, auto's will get vigorous growth in dwc.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• WillBlack
        WillBlack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you gbauto, that is was a very helpful response. I noticed the same thing with autos in soil, they tended to be lighter feeders. I'll go easy on the nutrients and make sure the environment is ideal.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X