My first grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first grow journal

Decided i'd put together a grow journal for my first ever grow. Today is the beginning of week 3.

9 Auto's (Afghani, Bruce Banner, Narcotherapy)
    8 plants in mother earths coco/perlite mix, 1 plant in fox farm coco loco
    3 gallon canvas pots
    3x3x6 tent
    315W LEC grow light
    20/4 daily cycle
    General Hydro (Micro, Flora, Bloom)
    Calmag

Seeds popped: 8/16

Week 1: Seeds were germinated using two plates + wet towel and a lizard tank heater.

Week 2: Did my best to kill my plants. Completely botched the PH...gave me plants a watering that was WAAAAY too low PH. This resulted in small discoloration of the leaves. Put together a spray bottle with correct PH and calmag. Applied twice a day directly to plants.

Week 3: Plants rebounded nicely from my F up. All are looking healthy, in fact was able to top all of the plants just prior to week 3 so i'd say they are growing well. Topped above 5th node as the 6th was growing out

Appreciate the help i've received so far from the forum!
    Last edited by Obsvr; 09-06-2022, 11:00 PM.

Good start there, keep up the good work. May I suggest you loose the name tag stakes and label the pot with tape or similar. Those tag stakes have a habit of taking a walk and getting mixed up.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Week 5, Day 1.

Plants are all growing very nicely...almost too much so. The Afghani in the back left outgrew the light...I was scared to supercrop but I thought it might too late for some LST and something had to be done. Ended up trying super cropping, figured damned if I did or didn't. Had to use tape on one branch, the other came out perfect. Have one more I need to do.

The middle plant (Bruce Banner) and back middle (Narcotherapy) are both well into flowering. The rest aren't quite there...none of the Afghani's have started yet and the other BB and Narc's are just starting to show signs.

I counted 37 bud sites on the plants that were flowering so thats promising, will be interesting to see how the afghani's develop. I'm a bit surprised at the plant structure, very long and tall, not very bushy. I suppose this could be do the crowded tent.

The front left plant is the one in coco loco...I probably should have started the nutrients a week earlier than I did and its a bit stunted, although its getting bigger now that its getting nuts.

I am definitely going to pick up a screen for the next grow...these plants are bit unruly and if I had LST'd them earlier it wouldn' be quite of an issue with 9 plants in a 3x3. I cant help but think that adding the screen will make it much easier to tie branches down.

Generally pleased with where we're at...definitely have learned quite a bit and already making adjustments on the next grow. I just popped the seeds a week ago for tent two which will have Blackberry Kush, Cinderella Jack, and Night Queen.. I have the same set up, except i'm going with just 5 plants in 5 gallon pots.
      Last edited by Obsvr; 09-20-2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Going2fast
        Going2fast commented
        Editing a comment
        Woo that's a lot of plants in a 3x3. They look happy. Keep that air moving.

Originally posted by Satyaban
      "Generally pleased with where we're at...definitely have learned quite a bit and already making adjustments on the next grow. I just popped the seeds a week ago for tent two which will have Blackberry Kush, Cinderella Jack, and Night Queen.. I have the same set up, except i'm going with just 5 plants in 5 gallon pots.​"

That is pretty much how my partner and myself feel. All my seeds germinated and I tried to grow too many in the 4x4. I think 5 is best for me lest I can't access them as easily to trim. At one point I had seven in there and had to cut back to five. I put a screen up and have another at the ready. These girls are 39" tall or better and are beginning to bud, damn this is exciting for me as I hope it is for you.
      lol no idea who that is. thanks for hi jacking my thread

Comment

Flagged ^^^ uncalled for
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Sadly I had to eliminate 3 plants from the grow. Being my first grow, I was trepidatious to LST and missed my chance. The Afghani's were SO big and unruly and were now two weeks behind the others so I ended up chopping them down. Such a bummer, I was looking forward to those. That said, I think the rest of the plants are benefitting from the extra room to breathe and will benefit the overall grow. One of the Bruce Banner's looks incredible...it's starting to get frosty and we're not even to week 6 yet.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Ugh boy does that set me back loosing plants that way been there had to do it but i've tried to ask neighbors who i know are growers if they'll take my extra clones. Anyhoo, best of luck with these ones they will enjoy the extra breathing room besides learning another awful hurtful lesson about space awww take it in stride.

Day 1 of week 6 and things are looking good! I ended up super cropping as some were outgrowing the light. Was kind of shitshow but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. It looks kind of like a jungle, but just two days after super cropping, they are all growing upwards again. The one Bruce Banner plant is simply out of this world...I cant believe how far along it is compared to the other plants. A gorgeous plant.

Feeling pretty good about where things are at now that the cropping has been done. Have been doing some strategic defoliating along the way as well. Adding a dehumidifier to the room was a big help (and probably better for the walls of the room lol). Sitting at a nice 77 degrees and about 60% humidity.

Comment

Decided to chop the bruce banner auto...only 7.5 weeks in. I might have been a little aggressive as there are still alot of white pistils...but the trichomes are mostly cloudy with some amber. Due to the amber, I figured i'd go ahead and chop. It also didnt really seem to be taking in much anymore from the last few feedings.

The rest of the plants in the tent need atleast a few more weeks. Not sure why this one was so far out in front.

Comment

I'm betting hat you would have been happier with that one if you had given it a few more weeks aswell.
              Trichomes aren't everything. You gotta watch the girl. See what she's drinking, let her swell, darken her hair, and even start to fade. If that's what ur into, lol.

To add:
              Make sure that you are checking trichs on the flower itself, not the sugar leaf coming out of the bud.
              Last edited by Blowdout2269; 10-06-2022, 08:16 PM.
              Back to playin in the dirt!
              Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
              I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X